411s@811s can't burn Taiyo Yuden dvd-rs?

vbimport

My lite-on dvd drive will not burn Taiyo Yuden dvds, 90% of the time. I’ve tied it with the drive as a 411s and a 811s and with 2 or 3 different firmwares for both. Nero will start to write the disk, the LED will turn red for a few seconds then i get a write error and the burn fails. The burner also writes a very small track on each disk, so each time it fails the disk is a coaster beacause if i try to burn it again nero says the disk is full.:frowning: I’ve also tried nero 5.5 and 6 and i’ve updated it many times, still the same thing. The burnner however will burn Ritek and richol disks fine, just not these maxell Taiyo Yudens. If i try enough disks from the spindle i can maybe burn a few, but all the others are coasters.

What the heck is going on here?

I’ve also tried nero 5.5 and 6 and i’ve updated it many times, still the same thing.

I have a 411S@811S drive with no problems in burning TAIYO YUDEN DVD-R 4x discs. I use firmware HS0P & NERO burn 6.3.1.6. I would suggest you use the NERO CLEAN TOOL after uninstalling those different versions of NERO burn then reinstall one of those versions you have. You can find it on their website. What firmware and other software are you using? Defragging your “C” drive is a good idea before burning dvds.

Hi Mcryptic, I have recently bought a LDW-411SX, external version, USB, where can I find all info and tools for transforming it into 811? Is this possible for SX (external) version?

I know many other tools are available for this burner, where can I find them?

Thanks a lot
Satfan

Ok i’ll try the older version of nero when i have a chance, i don’t have any dvds i need to burn right now.

Well i tried using the clean tool, defragmenting my HD, and the older version of nero, but i still get the same errors, either a write error or a power calibration error. Its only on these TY disks, i can put in a ritek or a richol and it burns fine. I’m starting to think i got a bad batch of disks, but i have two 15 packs and neither one of them will burn most of the time. Of the few that have been able to burn the kprobe scans look great and the movie will play fine even on my very picky old dvd player…

Well i tried using the clean tool, defragmenting my HD, and the older version of nero, but i still get the same errors, either a write error or a power calibration error.

I didn’t say use a older version of NERO BURN. I had just stated the version I use with the 411@811 drive. Try Updating to the latest NERO BURN. Make sure your drive is set DMA mode. Are you sure the discs you have are TAIYO YUDEN? Post the MEDIA ID by using DVDINFO PRO or DVDIDENTIFIER. I’ve never seen 15 packs of TAIYO YUDEN before. The TAIYO YUDEN’s I buy are FUJI DVD-R or MAXELL DVD-R which both only come in 10 pack jewel cases.

they are TY disks here is the DVDInfo scan:

Media Information                            

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID TYG01
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Free Blocks 411107328
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.71GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
Write Strategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta 08
2x Speed OPC power 0F
2x Write Strategy field 1 11 87 78 80
2x Write Strategy field 2 88 80 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta 05
4x Speed OPC power 16
4x Write Strategy field 1 0D 0F 0B 0B
4x Write Strategy field 2 97 08 0F 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse 05
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse 1B
4x Write Strategy field 4 13 A8 89 65
4x Write Strategy field 5 B6 89 88 80 00 00
4x Write Strategy field 6 00 00 D0 00 00
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

My drive is also running in Ultra DMA mode

Update to the latest NERO BURN and see if that works. I don’t know what else to suggest to you. My 411S@811s works fine. Perhaps you may want to change it back to just being 411S.