411@811s with EEPROM patch v4 results - post here!

Since the other thread is rather long. I started this one. Post only results from the v4 EEPROM patch here.

As you probably notice you do not need a hacked firmware with v4 :). This is also the first version that I’ve found to be good enough to actually be used. So I’ll post my results in the this thread.

Yep, I’ve done beta testing of this one.

Have fun!

Remember:
-Use the patcher only on the original LDW-411S EEPROM and not on a EEPROM that have been patched before!

Arita 4X DVD+R written at 8x. Code RICOHJPNR01

Original LDW-811S:

LDW-411S@LDW-811S EEPROM mod v4:

Plextor 4x DVD+R written at 8x. Code YUDEN00T01.

Original LDW-811S:

Mitsubishi 4x DVD+R written at 8x. Code MCC 002. Made in India by Moser baer.

Original LDW-811S:

Maxell 4x DVD-R written at 4x. Code MXL RG02.

Original LDW-811S:

Memorex 4x DVD-R written at 4x. Code: CMC.MAG.AF1

Original LDW-811S:

v4 does require patched firmware. All instructions from Atomic say so, and firmware hacker is part of software download! Are you saying OK-Freak, its a waste of time? Indications are that v4 works a real treat with 401S’s but some variable results with 411S’s. Overall some dramatic improvements, and many are reporting increasing burn performances on repeated use of same media. Here’s my starter

Infiniti x2.4 DVD+RW (RICOHJPN) @2.4
K Probe x4

Mk3
PI max 75 Ave 4.21
PO Max 4 Ave 0.042

Mk4 (first burn)
PI max 31 Ave 0.214 !!
POmax 4 Ave 0.040

Not bad, look at that PI average

Princo 4x DVD-R written at 4x. Code: PRINCO

Original LDW-811S:

Originally posted by Dinger
v4 does require patched firmware. All instructions from Atomic say so, and firmware hacker is part of software download!

v4 works with the official firmwares, no need to hack new firmwares again.

You only have to patch the LiteOn-Patcher itself (FlashFix or what the program is called) if your modding the first time so you can flash a 811 firmware to a non 811 drive.

I use a non-patched HS0K firmware :wink:

All tests is done with HS0k firmware.

All in all:
DVD+R is slightly better with the real LDW-811S, especially the area at 6x speed.
DVD-R is the same, media differences is probably the cause for slightly different results.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Memorex 4x DVD-R written at 4x. CMC.MAG.F01

Try to burn them at 8x (maybe you need to tweak the firmware). They’re working OK here at 8x.

Jitter,

Thanks for clearing that up, great!

@Dinger:

v1-v4 and upcoming versions don’t tweak RW, so don’t expect anything except the normal variations of the phase change layer. RWs need some burns (ca. 10) until the phase change layer is stable for the next burns (up to 500) until the degradion starts (due to sulfur diffusion).

Only firmwares affects RW.

Before the v4 i had to burn the media ritek r02 (sold as platium dvd+r 4x) at 2,4x. when i tried at 4x the max PI reached 1000 and more. The discs where unreadable at some parts.

With the v4 i can sucessefuly recor at 4x and the PI max is about 180. Thats a huge improvement. Thank you zebra.

Originally posted by paulonet
[B]Before the v4 i had to burn the media ritek r02 (sold as platium dvd+r 4x) at 2,4x. when i tried at 4x the max PI reached 1000 and more. The discs where unreadable at some parts.

With the v4 i can sucessefuly recor at 4x and the PI max is about 180. Thats a huge improvement. Thank you zebra. [/B]

Sorry, but even v4 didn’t change anything to 2.4x/4x +R writing. Either the discs are quite various in quality or you took another firmware.

My real 811 doesn’t do that good of quality. I must be the lucky one or mine wasn’t calibrated as good as most, OR maybe all my media is marginal. I wish they’d release a decent firmware that does good on most media types. About the fastest I can write so far is 6x with some Verbatim mcc media. My Memorex is variable and my latest batch of TDK is pretty bad at anything over 4x.
I even reloaded my original EEPROM thinking it had got scrambled a bit but it seems about the same now after some new burns.

Hi,

I’m having horrible time here with my 411s. I am getting inconsistent results with 411s with different firmwares. I have given up on LiteOn DVD burner per my fiancee’s request - she said that I spend more time mucking around with my DVD burner then our working on wedding. :rolleyes:

I bit the bullet and ordered another DVD burner - pioneer 106/A6 - to salvage my future marriage. It will arrive in 3 days.

But after wasting more than 25 disks, I cannot giveup on my liteon.

Can someone PM me with the instruction? It looks like the v4 fixes many problems and hoping that it may work for me.

Thanks in advance.

p.s I have DVD-R [ Ricoh G04 ] and DVD+R [ Ritek ] So I’m pretty sure that media are not the issue. I’m going to try my friend’s media next week.

A short message to all before the rumors are starting:

Every mod (v1 - v4) is only tweaking 6x/8x +R and 4x -R writing!
Since v4 you don’t need to use a hacked firmware anymore since the correct checksum is written to the EEPROM.

The mods don’t tweak other speeds (even not 4x -R!) or medias (+/-RW).
The mods also don’t tweak reading capabilites nor they make your wife happy.

If you got different results for anything else than 8x +R or 4x -R, that is not the result of any patcher!

Hello jitter…

yes you have a point in what you said! About the media i don’t know if it varies on the quality!?

About the firmware i used the HSOK on the previous atempts and in my last ones.

Indeed is quite curious that in the versions prior to the v4 all the dvds in that spindle only gave good results if i used 2,4x. After i used v4 method the dvds behave quite well at 4x. Since that i burned 5 dvd with similar results.

Originally posted by paulonet
Indeed is quite curious that in the versions prior to the v4 all the dvds in that spindle only gave good results if i used 2,4x. After i used v4 method the dvds behave quite well at 4x. Since that i burned 5 dvd with similar results.

The only thing I’m sure: It’s not the EEPROM modding. Or did you took someone’s other EEPROM for patching?