$40x50_Bestbuy's Memorex +R x4, runs x8

vbimport

I just bought a 50 pack of these Memorex DVD+R on sale at Best Buy for $40. Though they are x4 I ran them at x8 in my Sony–>812S@832S. The scans are great :slight_smile: ! See attached one. Anyway, I thought of alerting the crowd. I think they are on sale all this week. But hurry, I saw a guy leave with 3 packs…he left just one for me on the shelf :sad: .

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-R02-001]

Disc Type : [DVD+R]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
Media Type ID : [R02]
Product Revision : [001]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x - 4x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6 MB = 4.38 GB]

[DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com]

Memorex is now using RITEKR0_ media? Oh dear…

That is a pretty good scan, though…

(thread moved to media forum)

I’ve burned 3 movies tonight. All have similar scans at x8.

Also, I was just looking at Best Buy online, which led me to pull out the printed ad as well. In both place the special is on Verbatim disks of the same type. However, all they had at the store (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) was the Memorex. So, I guess, these may not be available everywhere. I haven’t tried Verbatim yet…I hope it’s as good.

This one’s kinda okay, too. :wink:

Hmmm… i guess i got lucky cause i went to bestbuy yesterday and picked up the memorex that they had for sale. Figuring it was ritek and not caring i took it home. To my surprise they are ricohjpnr01. I could tell looking at the code on the disc. So i guess memorex still use ricoh. And yet they have a black bottom. Oh wells

Ive never seen riteks for memorex but i guess this proves they are out thier. I usually see Ricohs or CMCs from memorex.

what ive seen though from memorex is no matter the manufacturer the quality of the disks are excellent…even cmcs step up with the memorex label.

i can confirm these are Ritek r02s. not quite as good as the ricohs and the cmcs that memorex was carrying. Still ok disks though. bottom of cake is black.

Is there a way to tell the difference by just looking at the case which is ricoh and which are ritek and which are cmc?

yes there is… i used this to judge what to get

I have seen three different 50pk spindles and I have tried two of them.
If the spindle is dark black and shiny with no white foam spacers then this is a real RICOH. The top paper on this one that says “Attention 2.4x owners…” has a small hole with the size of the spindle. This one has a table with the recording time and the quality instead of graph bars. (There is also 5 in a triangle with pp underneath it on the bottom and on top of the spindle. As well as a R12 on the bottom of the spindle)

If the spindle is black, semi shiny and no white foam spacers and the top paper has bigger then the spindle whole this is RITEC R02 but I got a lot of problems with those. The recording time diagram’s bars on the side are red.

If the spindle has a uplift edges, spindle is not shiny at all and not exactly black, has white foam spacers then this should come with pinkish CMC media. I got bad experience with 2.4x CMC media in the past and I did not test those personally. The recording time diagram’s bars on the side are purple

Got this info from videohelp. So far this seems to be true. Also if you didn’t know, if you look at the disc’s inner circle. If there is a print that starts with a K and 25 numbers or so, thats RICOHJPNR01. Hope this helps.

real hard to tell the riteks from the ricohs…even ritek bottoms have 5 in trainagle but no r12…but the red recording time is the key.

also the cmc 4x from memorex are as good if not better than the ricohs for recording so dont be put off by that.

the only problem is getting the riteks by mistake as they are ok but not the best media…i have some and certain ones make coasters with a uneven dye applied you get circles on burn and high pi/po at that area. so beware of the riteks!