40x blank CD-R's?

Does anybody no when they will be available? According to my suppliers there is only 32x CD-R’s available now, and I am trying to find out when they will be available.

Originally posted by Lite-On Man
Does anybody no when they will be available? According to my suppliers there is only 32x CD-R’s available now, and I am trying to find out when they will be available.

At least, the largest CD-R disc manufacturers have already moved to 40x and 48x production. The quoted average price is 0.2 USD per disc.

The only thing I know is that 32X discs just showed up here in Norway…

Bet it’s long time before 40 and 48X discs will arrive here in Norway.

40x media is all over the place. Best Buy, CompUSA (sorry Canada folks), lots of places. Try pricewatch.

Its to bad our Canadian Suppliers have not received it yet, I am sure we will within the next month or so.

some 32x media can be written at 40x. i’m not sure exactly which, though, so im not much help. just letting you know its possible

Thanks I do realize that certain discs can be burned at 40x, I tried some Memorex 24x ones and they failed at both 32x and 40x, I will give the 32x ones a try.

TDK 32X discs are made by Taiyo Yuden and can be written to at 40X. TDK also has 40X discs which are manufactured by Ritek.

Thanks ROD.