40W and 48W writing not compatible audio cd's?

vbimport

Hi.

I've burnt some audio cd's with my Liteon 40W->48W burner. Both with the original 40W firmware (WS01) and the overclocked with VS02. The audio cd's aren't being recognized in all cd players. I just changed my car cd player from pioneer (read all sorts of stuff) to sony md player with cd changer. This changer only liked the ones that were burnt with my old sony 8x crx140e. Also a jvc player doesn't like the cd's I burn. I use verbatim cd-r's. Has anyone else noticed this? And the cause of it?

The cause: Bad discs or writing at to high speeds + picky audio players.

To my experience Verbatim discs works pretty bad at higher recording speed. Lite-On + Verbatim is not the most compatible disc/writer combination either.

Some brands I recommend for use with Lite-on:

Discs manufactured by Taiyo Yuden(But not write at higher speeds than what they are certified for, even if smartburn picks higher speed).
Discs manufactured by Kodak
Discs manufactured by Mitsui toatsu
Discs manufactured by Acer/Benq media tech
Discs manufactured by prodisc
Discs manufactured by MPO/Hi-Space.
Discs manufactured by ritek (only the newer type 7 discs “J” DYE type).

I also tried one kodak gold with same result. The verbatims were 24x written at 16x and also tried at 8x. Would not be read…

Tried writing in DAO mode?

I usually just make an image with clonecd and write it out again. Not sure which mode. I use the audio cd profile, or the multimedia audio profile. It all depends on the cd. I know several cd players are kinda picky, but I also believe Liteon does something different so that they can’t be read properly. It shouldn’t be media when I write verbatim 24x at 8x? :confused:

OC-Freak where do you buy those brands you suggested? Any webshops you can recommend here in Norway? I’ve used verbatim for the last few years with good result, but that was with my old sony burner.

Discs manufactured by Taiyo Yuden(But not write at higher speeds than what they are certified for, even if smartburn picks higher speed). Many TDK 24X discs is mad by TY.
Discs manufactured by Kodak www.komplett.no for example.
Discs manufactured by Mitsui toatsu Rarely availible in Norway(sometimes sold as Sony)
Discs manufactured by Acer/Benq media tech www.itbutikken.no for example, some stores like OBS also sell them
Discs manufactured by prodisc Smartbuy from www.komplett.no is an example
Discs manufactured by MPO/Hi-Space. Hard to be found here
Discs manufactured by ritek (only the newer type 7 discs “J” DYE type). Various brands, sold at Clas Ohlson stores as their own Clas Ohlson media for example