401S to 411S - wthere is this topic?

Hello

Where is this topic
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=74888&goto=newpost
?

i have something like this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons…

What’s going on?:>

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?postid=471648#post471648

Discussion of certain methods for this upgrade will not be permitted on the public forum at this time.

Please be respectful to those who stand to lose and drop the issue for a while.

I just found out unfortunately that the 401S can’t be flashed to 411s without major problems. I tried using the LiteOn Flash Utility here on the forums but it didnt work. :frowning:

-Por

Originally posted by PorBleemo
[B]I just found out unfortunately that the 401S can’t be flashed to 411s without major problems. I tried using the LiteOn Flash Utility here on the forums but it didnt work. :frowning:

-Por [/B]

Yeah, we know…

No troubles here too. …
The discs read flawlessly on other drives.
Tested with kprobe but still need to compare with a “real” 411s before making any assumptions.

I haven’t heard of anybody who actually “broke” a 401s by flashing. It can always be flashed back to the 401s in case there are problems.
To me, some spikes in kprobe or high PI/PO scores are not considered as “problems” in case I am able to read the discs…

The 411s is only $30 more than the 401s at Newegg.

yeah it works real good now my drive burns worse on dvd+r at 2.4x and 4x on FS02 or back on ES0G… explain that…

btw anyone with a 401s manufactured in july if you could pm me and then send me your 401s eeprom so i can try and get it back to normal thanks!

:bow:

PS DO NOT FLASH YOUR 401S even if you backup your eeprom!

Originally posted by siliconsoul
[B]yeah it works real good now my drive burns worse on dvd+r at 2.4x and 4x on FS02 or back on ES0G… explain that…

btw anyone with a 401s manufactured in july if you could pm me and then send me your 401s eeprom so i can try and get it back to normal thanks!

:bow:

PS DO NOT FLASH YOUR 401S even if you backup your eeprom! [/B]

I can’t get your email … give it to me and I’ll send you the 401s EEPROM ( 20030717 )
ps: What type of media did you use ?

what type media?

Ritek which is ricoh and
verbatim datalife which is ricoh

and a dvd-r memorex which was CMC

all horribly bad burns… even at low speeds!

Thanks for the eeprom i have two now … one in july which should work with my drive :slight_smile:

if not ill keep cya posted :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?postid=471648#post471648

Discussion of certain methods for this upgrade will not be permitted on the public forum at this time

Please be respectful to those who stand to lose and drop the issue for a while. [/B]

You folks DID read this , right? Please drop it for now.

And it’s only $30 more for the 411S. That sounds like a great deal plus you don’t have to worry about voiding you warranty. I just ordered one. That should hold me until Christmas when I can get the 811S(hopefully)

30,- $? That’s a lot of money considering that I bought my 401S for 119,- €. I don’t wanna pay 30% more. My burner works perfectly, so what?

The 401S can be had for $105 shipped now. The price should go below $100 soon. I thought about getting it but I wanted to be able to burn to DVD-R discs since more DVD players are compatible with that format.

That’s such a rumour. I never had a standalone that could not play plus media. Maybe it’s a tale of former days, when DVD technique was new?

My Panasonic RP82 can’t play + media. But I bought it for the SDI output that was added to it.

Originally posted by aaronwt
My Panasonic RP82 can’t play + media. But I bought it for the SDI output that was added to it.

It should, see http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=panasonic+rp82&Search=Search
Maybe your test DVD+R was just made with a software which does not handle DVD+R or the video files correctly, e.g. with an older nero version.

It plays in my Sony but not the Panasonic.

I am very dissapointed about the censorship in this forum. There has apparently been information about the LDW-401S posted by several users which could have been useful or even a warning for me, but someone removed it because he thinks is’t bad for others to know what he knows. :frowning: Why didn’t you place a warning instead of preventing others from getting interesting information?
If I want to know now what firmware versions work or not work on my 401S, I have to try for myself what others already tried. I can’t use the FW ES0G, because on my drive burning quality is much worse with this firmware than with ES0E, and not better as it should be!
Does anybody know why firmware ES0G doesn’t work as it should on my drive? What will happen if I flash firmware FS02 for the LDW-411S onto my LDW-401S without updating its EEPROM? I don’t want to burn DVD-R(W), I only want to get better results with DVD+R(W)-media.

@clmx

my drive seems to burn worse on ES0G so im sure going to 411s will not help as it did not for mine…

and yes ES0E and ES0C is better but not by much…

im suggestion NO! if you want better burns wait for the oct 17th rumored firmware… if that does not come id start contact liteon non-stop

as far as the info that is upto them…