4012TA One very mysterious problem

I have in my hands one music CD , just a copy , and when i play it with the Plextor burner i could listen clicking sounds in some of the songs .
In all my other readers as DVD or CD-rom , or common music systems this sounds is not there …
If i create wave files from this songs , the sound is ok , if i burn it again in CD the Plextor will play the clicking sounds again …
I do not have the original master CD in my hand ,so i do not know what had go wrong in the first place …
I had test the CD in another 4012TA , and it can read this sounds too .

Whats is your opinion about that ??

Seems to me like your drive has a problem
then reading cd’s ( Still, it’s only a guess ) . Try CdSpeed and all it’s
tests including seek times and CPU usage. Are your results OK ?

This issue had only to do with this CD , all the rest CDs ,that i own or burn, works fine .
So i am trying to understand what did go wrong ,with this CD .

From one point of view , i feel proud that the Plextor have the ability to detect the problem , but i wonder what cause it , in the first place .

This CD in two deferent systems , with Plextors in both , it does the same effect …
The noise looks like repeatable sparks in low volume , and is just there in the beginning and end of the song , and not in all of them …
I did not used the word mysterious in the title of this thread for nothing … :slight_smile: