40125s

Hello glad i found this forum, I need help i have 3 40125s in compaq desktops with ZQS6 firmware on one and ZQS4 firmware on two they won’t read CD+G (karaoke) with this firmware on them and i can’t find firmware to try that compatible, can anyone help.

Originally posted by rookie3391

i have 3 40125s in compaq desktops with ZQS6 firmware on one and ZQS4 firmware on two they won’t read CD+G (karaoke) with this firmware on them and i can’t find firmware to try that compatible, can anyone help.

Please make sure if you wrote the FW names correctly.
Here are some links that might help :

The firmware page

Alexnoe’s firmwares: LTR-40125S

Dysan’s page

yes the firmware ZQS6 and ZQS4 are what i have ,this is the firmware thats on a 40125S that comes in a compaq 4420.
Any Ideas Please!

If you are absolutely sure that these drives are rebadged Liteon 40125S models, you can use MTKFlash in DOS to flash the latest firmware for either the Liteon 40125 or 48125 models in either the S or W variations (functionally identical chipsets from different manufacturers).

Since you think you are starting with the 40125S model, I would recommend that you use the Liteon firmware for that model or the 48125S model.

At the moment, 40125S firmware ZS0P might be preferable, because it can read most audio protections :slight_smile:

well i got it to ZS0P but still wont read CD+G