40125S ZSOJ Smartburn

vbimport

#1

I just bought my 40125S and immediately upgraded to the ZS0J firmware. Everything is great so far!

I have a 100 spindle of noname 32x cdrs that only show up as 24x in Nero (unless i disable smartburn).

Someone i know with the same spindle says he can burn at 40x with smartburn enabled. I think he uses the original zS0A firmware.

Could this be the reason? (ie. different firmware)?

thanks

:confused:


#2

Originally posted by drisley77
[B]I just bought my 40125S and immediately upgraded to the ZS0J firmware. Everything is great so far!

I have a 100 spindle of noname 32x cdrs that only show up as 24x in Nero (unless i disable smartburn).

Someone i know with the same spindle says he can burn at 40x with smartburn enabled. I think he uses the original zS0A firmware.

Could this be the reason? (ie. different firmware)?

thanks

:confused: [/B]

the reason could be that he is useing a newer version nero than your useing or it could be that your useing a older version nero to what he is useing !!

im not realy that shure lol i just posted to spam lol :stuck_out_tongue: j/k:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:


#3

Actually, i use nero 5.5.8.2
He is using 5.5.8.0


#4

Originally posted by drisley77
Actually, i use nero 5.5.8.2
He is using 5.5.8.0

if he is useing 5.5.8.0

give it a try uninstall your 1st then reboot then install 5.5.8.0

and see what the speeds are after you reboot again !!!

let me no how it goesโ€ฆ

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:


#5

Most likely Lite-On have now tested those CD-R discs and found them to not be good enough for 40X writing and have then limited the speed to 24X with the new firmware.

Could you use CD-R identifier or Feurio or some other program and find the manufacturer information of the discs?


#6

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Most likely Lite-On have now tested those CD-R discs and found them to not be good enough for 40X writing and have then limited the speed to 24X with the new firmware.

Could you use CD-R identifier or Feurio or some other program and find the manufacturer information of the discs? [/B]

mate befour he sends you his info

i wanna show you my info :slight_smile:

it says i can burn at 40x with these ? but when i do i get a medium error at the end of the cd ?

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 17f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = RiTEK,J
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

=====================================

if i burn at 32x it coompletes but when tested on scandisk i get a few yellow damaged sectors and also one big red BROCKEEN sector at the very end ?

is it due to bad media i think so so why duz this proggy report it as 40x ???

tnx for listning to my worrys :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: