40125S flashed to a 48125W my burner is damaged :(

vbimport

#1

Updated from a 40125W to a 40125S then finaly to a 48125W

and when i copy i get a WRITE MEDIUM ERROR

whats going on i flashed flawlessly :frowning:

i gottta admit the blanks im useing are UTTER CRAP

but i tryed a simulation write with the good liteon cdr that came with the burner !!

and at 48x i got WRITE MEDUM ERROR
then i tryed at 40x and it worked i didnt get the error

i did the same with the crappy blanks i had and i got WRITE MEDIUM ERROR on 48x and 40x

but i didnt get the error on 32x

i even get errors at the end of the cd doing a transfer test on them !!! useing nero`s cd speed tool

please tell me i havent FUCKED MY 1 DAY OLD 40125W burner :frowning:

i flashed back to the 40125S and i got the same WRITE MEDIUM ERROR on the same tests above exept for the 48x becuse that 40125S dont have those speeds !!

someone reply save my life .....................:frowning: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:


#2

You know it seems really funny, that u had screwed up your burner just after it is only a day old… :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

If it was working okay, why did u hell flash it 4.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

cya…


#3

first … if i knew how to help u i would not. second change your subject. third i hope a mod changes ur subject and bans u. fourth grow up post right and wait for a reply. five no one replies to thread like this except to tell u not to post like that


#4

Originally posted by siliconsoul
first … if i knew how to help u i would not. second change your subject. third i hope a mod changes ur subject and bans u. fourth grow up post right and wait for a reply. five no one replies to thread like this except to tell u not to post like that

what gives you the right to reply like that !!

if you havent enything better to say then piss off

lamer newbie


#5

No seriously ! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Wot happens if you burn a cd which only is meant to be burn’t upto, let say 24x, try burning some data on that speed. I also had a problem with the current liteon multispeed cd, burning @ the speed of 40x, nero had reported the cd was not compatible with a 40x write, so I used a different package: CD - Mate, then I burn’t a cd successfully @ 40x.

Try the combination, if that duz not work, then probably you have mashed ur drive up…

cya.


#6

:cop:Hey calm down you two, I don’t want any flaming or harsh comments.

Most of the time these errors is caused by bad/defective media.

But I’ve seen one case where the writer (In this case a 24X Lite-On) was extremely picky about media and wouldn’t write all types successfully. That writer was sent in return and was found to be defective and a new one was shipped back as a replacement…

But I would advise you to try other types of media first. The included disc may have had a scratch or in other way been defective since it also failed…happens with the best brands as well…


#7

wow

i just tryed the liteon test at 32x and it worked flawlesly :slight_smile:

i tryed data safe platenums at 40x

and they worked to :slight_smile:

i dont no what i did wrong i think it was just due to not useing certifide media and very crap ones

:o :o :o :smiley:


#8

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]:cop:Hey calm down you two, I don’t want any flaming or harsh comments.

Most of the time these errors is caused by bad/defective media.

But I’ve seen one case where the writer (In this case a 24X Lite-On) was extremely picky about media and wouldn’t write all types successfully. That writer was sent in return and was found to be defective and a new one was shipped back as a replacement…

But I would advise you to try other types of media first. The included disc may have had a scratch or in other way been defective since it also failed…happens with the best brands as well… [/B]

sorry about that oc mate he didnt have to reply like that to me after all we are both here for advice lookingabout and help and most certanly not to FLAME others posts !!! !!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:


#9

virus2K,

There was another thread/link that listed out the media that works at 48x. I think it was by runner1000000, if I remember correctly.

Please check which brands are available at your store.


#10

Originally posted by burnproof
[B]virus2K,

There was another thread/link that listed out the media that works at 48x. I think it was by runner1000000, if I remember correctly.

Please check which brands are available at your store. [/B]

tnx man ill cheak it out

:):stuck_out_tongue:


#11

i have had the same problems as you ViRuS2k there is so much cheap crappy media out there it is worthwhile spending a bit more for good stuff the media i am using is datasafe which is ok up to 40 speed but i have`nt found any for 48 speed i would rather wait a few seconds longer and have a good cd than have a fcuked one at 48 speed

cjheeers  spike

#12

Originally posted by spikethedug
[B]i have had the same problems as you ViRuS2k there is so much cheap crappy media out there it is worthwhile spending a bit more for good stuff the media i am using is datasafe which is ok up to 40 speed but i have`nt found any for 48 speed i would rather wait a few seconds longer and have a good cd than have a fcuked one at 48 speed

cjheeers  spike [/B]

hi mate i heard tywana yardens work good up to 48x

tnx for saying data safes work up to 40x becuse i can only copy up to 32x with these crappy cd`s i have

and even then sometimes the disc`s i have crash at the end lol
i get a write medium error on some at the end on 32x
but there great at 24x

i only used them for my 12x liteon befour i got this awsome 40125W
that i upgraded to a 40125S with better cdr compatability

are you shure data safes are ok ?

what about the premium data safes that are 32x certifide ?
do they work at 48x ?

tnx for replying mate…


#13

datasafe work fine for me m8 altho i burn my [s]vcd with burnprooof on at 32x, anything else burnproof off at 48 speed.

BIG thx to OC and the team for this upgrade