40125s --> 48125w

vbimport

ok so i flashed my 40125s drive to 48125w vs0b firmware today…but now it takes like 5 minutes and 30 seconds to write a cd? nero like freezes at like 15 percent then the recorder slows down and never spins back up
same with clonecd, im using cd-rs rated at speeds up to 52x so i think that shouldnt be the problem.

thanks in advance

Is DMA on?
Make sure it is. If you can’t get it to work then delete the IDE-channel your burner is on in the device manager and reboot.

What brand is the discs btw?

awesome thanks airhead!, i checked dma mode before i flashed and totally forgot about it afterwards, it was set to PIO after the flashing process so i changed it back

now its working great thanks :cool:

Originally posted by knoxville
ok so i flashed my 40125s drive to 48125w vs0b firmware today…
Hi !

Would you please do me a favor and check if your drive now is capable of determining the CD capacity:

Nero CD Speed > Extra > Overburning Test

:wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Hi !

Would you please do me a favor and check if your drive now is capable of determining the CD capacity:

Nero CD Speed > Extra > Overburning Test

:wink: [/B]

no i cant do the overburning test anymore :(, and i have another problem, when im recording a disc everything is fine up until like 90 % then the burner spins down and burns the last 10 % at a slow speed…what could be the problem?

Originally posted by knoxville

no i cant do the overburning test anymore :frowning:

That’s right and that’s why I asked you to check it.

Now, try to flash the drive with either the ZS0P.bin ( for 40125S ) or the VS06.bin ( 48125W )
and see what happens.

You can get those [COLOR=purple]here[/COLOR]

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]
That’s right and that’s why I asked you to check it.

Now, try to flash the drive with either the ZS0P.bin ( for 40125S ) or the VS06.bin ( 48125W )
and see what happens.

You can get those [COLOR=purple]here[/COLOR] [/B]

ok thanks ill try it later today! :slight_smile: