4012 overlockable?

I’m asking if it’s overlockable… new 4824 is released and with some cd-recorders you can make it… anyone knows this? And if it’s possible, how? (updating firmware from 4824 doesnt accept it)

Another question, with wich firmware can copy SD2.5x ?? I’ve 102 firmware and I cannot copy Neverwinter Nights and other games with this kind of protection, i’ve tried aall sd profiles in CloneCD, and I couldnt make it

Thanks

i think that the 4012 uses a different chipset to the new 48x plextor. so i dont think it could be overclocked. But maybe some plextor experts could give a better anwser.

I’m asking if it’s overlockable… new 4824 is released and with some cd-recorders you can make it… anyone knows this? And if it’s possible, how? (updating firmware from 4824 doesnt accept it)
You can’t overclock the drive to a PX-W4824A drive. It’s impossible to my knowledge.

Another question, with wich firmware can copy SD2.5x ?? I’ve 102 firmware and I cannot copy Neverwinter Nights and other games with this kind of protection, i’ve tried aall sd profiles in CloneCD, and I couldnt make it
That’s because Neverwinter Nights is not protected with SafeDisc but with SecuRom and you thus need to read and write the disc with the SecuRom profile…

Sorry, i dont know where I’ve my head… the SD game was another… i tried the securom profiles and i couldnt. NWN Spanish.

thanks for the rectification :slight_smile:

Hmm have you installed the v1.21 patch for Neverwinter Nights? With this patch none of the created back-ups will work. If you haven’t installed any patch then you should be able to copy this game just fine if it has SecuRom as a protection. My Neverwinter Nights game has SecuRom v4.76.00.0051

When playing the back-up from a CD-writer make sure you have enabled the ‘Hide CDR Media’ option in the CloneCD tray…

yes… without patch, i’ve never installed… i tried to do with original, to try it, but i cann’t cose a descompresion problem of CD3 (is a friend who have it, with a 4x rewriter, and always send to me CDs to backup, if they’re protected… i’ve said that i wont try again until soft can copy well :slight_smile:

another question i think you know the answer. Today i’ve bought Morrowind; Scout says that it have SD 2, and the database, sd2.51 and aplying patch with insektors; well, i’ve tried to backup it but when i try with rewritable CD, to install, it’ give me “component transfer error” Music - Music - p:\data2.cab - Data error(cyclick redundancy check). I tryed with 4 SD profiles. Any idea of how to backup? How can i “look” the version of SD ?

A CRC error is a result of a bad burn so your back-up is screwed… Please try other media since discs that have CRC-failures will never work. The Plextor PX-W4012A can back-up SafeDisc v2.51.021 just fine when you use CloneCD with ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ enabled. You should read and write the disc with the ‘SafeDisc 2(.51) [AWS]’ Profile. You can check the SafeDisc version with SafeDisc Analyser. Open the EXE-file on your hard disk (so you have to install the game first) and scan it. A screen such as this one will be the result:

SC 2.51 but detector crashes after “load” executable (possible i’m using WinXP??). I’ve copied “well”, only says some problems of CRC that i can ignore, without hide CD… it installed with this little problem but i cannot make a perfect backup… i only have plextor40x as writer/reader… :(( Now i cannot buy anything more, because money and my mini-tower is too full/hot :frowning:

thank you for the help :slight_smile:

I’m also using Windows XP and the Analyser works fine… If Morrowind really uses SafeDisc v2.51.021 you should be able to copy it when you enabled ‘AWS’ when writing the image and of course when playing from the writer you need ‘Hide CDR Media’ enabled in the CloneCD tray. But the CRC-error is really the first thing you should fix. Try other media or burning at a lower speed… When a disc has CRC-errors it’s pretty much useless…

i don’t know why but yes… after detect tipe of SD it crashes, but i can see the version :slight_smile:

I just make the backup, and retry to verify isn’t casual… the problem was in config of PX4012 in cloneCD. The problem was in “FAST ERROR SKIP” now I’ve 1 try of reading and Software error correction … Before I have 0 and Hardware EC. I dont need to HIDE CD to run the game, I can rut it correctly without :))

Thanks i wish that it can helps anyone with the same problem :))

Catalan inculto XD Asturias Rulez!

Quevedo = fiambre ???

No me llames inculto y ayuda kpullin ¬¬

Keep it English please :wink:

G@M3FR3@K sorry but i had to do this… i thought to translate in English, but there are too “nasty” words :stuck_out_tongue: that people out of Spain could not understand.

I’ve the problem of CRC again, in backup of WarCraft III!! i cannot install and its rare that i have from 1 to 5 errors depending of he reading. I’ve tried SC New profiles, also Liteon. What could be? Error Skip configuration? number of trying of reading and if it’s Soft/HArd/None??

Warcraft III doesn’t use errors only SubChannel Data so there can’t be anything wrong with your FES settings. FES should just be at default settings by the way. In my case they work fine. When you still have CRC errors then the problem is

a) with your drive
b) with the media, try other cd-r’s
c) with the connection, check the IDE-cables

Check your connections and see if there are any damages. SecuRom should be no problem at all for the Plextor drive.

I could find the problem… WindowsXP!!! Trying and retrying… i saw an article in other forum that atracts me… where a similar problem than mine… I don’t know why, but SecuRomNew any version i’ve tried, fails in my XP… with or without SP1… i don’t know why… with one or twoo games i didn’t saw it… but now… i where trying different games, and result was all games that i’ve problems, originals (no backups) where SCnew!!! I make a partition and install WinME, all games installed and work fine, also one or two bakups where wrong, but reading at less velocity making image file the problem solves…

thanks very much (i’m sorry, i couldn’t say before, i had too work ) :