401@411 trying to burn +2.4x @ 4x

I have a 401 that I converted to a 411 and I have been having very good results (Kprobe max PI=32 max PO= 4) with burns with the FS0H firmware. However I thought that with this firmware I would be able to burn 2.4x +R media at 4x. (I thought I remember reading this somewhere on this forum). I have tried searching but can’t seem to find what I am looking for. I have a spindle of Verbatim (Ritek R01) 2.4x media. However I select 4x in DVDDecrypter and it burns at 2.4x. Is there anyway to burn this media at 4x (and is it wise). I am sorry if this is answered somewhere else in the forum, but I have spent a while searching and can’t find the answer. Thanks.

Originally posted by lemmy999
I have a spindle of Verbatim (Ritek R01) 2.4x media. However I select 4x in DVDDecrypter and it burns at 2.4x. Is there anyway to burn this media at 4x (and is it wise). I am sorry if this is answered somewhere else in the forum, but I have spent a while searching and can’t find the answer. Thanks.

I dont know if its wise, but I have seen RiTEK R01 burned @8X…with hacked firmware :wink:

You will find what you are looking for here and here.

:cool: