4 Way Multi-Burn?

Hi,

Out of interest and as I can’t find a definitive answer elsewhere…

Has anyone achieved a 4 way simultaneous burn using SATA or IDE drives??

And I’m talking without the use of a dedicated duplicator!! lol

If so…

Could you please tell me the achieved speed, quality and PC hardware.

Many Thanks

Jay

[QUOTE=jumney1;1938328]Hi,

If so…

Many Thanks

Jay[/QUOTE]

The Mobo/Ram/CPU can handle it, but i’m very doubtful the HDD can. the process of burning is to transfer data from HDD to the burner and then the burner will laser that stuff onto a DVD, but the thing with doing mulitple burn at the same time is that if the source is from the same HDD, it has to seek fast enough for 4 burners. @ 12X it’s about 16MB/sec, and 4 burner = 64MB/sec, it’s very very hard to achieve that seek/read speed on today’s consumer HDD, If you want to do that, you’ll need 4 HDD and each of the burner takes on 1 of the HDD.

Just a theory, i wouldn’t test it out haha, i’m not in to the bussiness of mass producing DVD/CDs.

[QUOTE=jumney1;1938328]Hi,

If so…

Many Thanks

Jay[/QUOTE]

Things were already discussed in other threads and you created a similar too already… Just use SEARCH.

[QUOTE=chef;1938620]Things were already discussed in other threads and you created a similar too already… Just use SEARCH.[/QUOTE]

Sorry chef … I’ve searched through about 500 posts and not found my answer, which is why I posted :sad:

This question was being asked on behalf of a friend who desperately needs to scrap his duplicator and get 4 drives doing the same thing on a PC … For reasons which are beyond me.

I’ve not found any mention of whether or not to go for an SAS HDD to get increased throughput (which is what he was asking me) and whether to go for 1 program running all 4 drives or whether to split it up amongst more programs!!

He’s running a quad core Intel processor, 4GB DDR2 ram and has the option to use 4 onboard SATA ports or 2 SAS ports!!

:flower:

One of the latest threads posted. :wink:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/burning-simultaneously-4-dvds-once-mainly-sh-203b-burners-231792/