4 pioneer 112d setup help

please could somebody help me get these 4 burners running smoothly on my window xp system.

my hdd is running off my sata port . so i am trying to get the four burners running off my 2 ide ports (if this is possible),

(my motherboard is a asrock am2nf3-vsta if this helps)

my psu is 600 watts

i am running amd dualcore processor with 2gb of memory.

i have the four burners set up as master/slave on ide 1 and master/slave on
ide 2.

when i start clonecd and burn a xbox 360 game running 1 burner is fine.
but when i am running 2 burners together, it slows the burn process from 4x to 2x

i have not tried burning 4 games at once. as if it cant burn 2 games at four speed its got no chance of burning 4 games?

i want to be able to use the 4 burners at once…

everything is set up for dma in device manager
these are the 2 controllers i have in device manager
ide ata/atapi controllers

primary channel

nvidea nforce3 250 parallel ata controller (v2.6)
master
(ultra dma 4 - ultra 66) this is greyed out with the option let bios select the transfer mode

slave
(ultra dma 4 - ultra 66) this is greyed out with the option let bios select the transfer mode

secondary channel

nvidea nforce3 250 parallel ata controller (v2.6)
master

slave

nvidea nforce 3 250 serial ata controller (v2.6)

maxtor stm3500630as

please help? this is doing my head in.

regards.

steve

What is your CPU?

hi thanks for your quick reply

i have a 2.25 gigahertz amd athlon 64 x2 dual core

i have three burners burning now, and the speed have dropped from 3x with 2 burners
to 1.72 with 3 burners

I CAN GET IMGBURN TO RUN 4 BURNERS AT 4X BUT I GET BAD BURNS SOMETIMES. prob 3 discs out of 10

if this helps

HELP!!!

[QUOTE=didineedthis;1922735]hi thanks for your quick reply

i have a 2.25 gigahertz amd athlon 64 x2 dual core

i have three burners burning now, and the speed have dropped from 3x with 2 burners
to 1.72 with 3 burners

I[B] CAN GET IMGBURN TO RUN 4 BURNERS AT 4X BUT I GET BAD BURNS SOMETIMES. prob 3 discs out of 10
[/B]
if this helps

HELP!!![/QUOTE]

That will not work!
Your computer is too slow, also you have no extra controller cards!

[QUOTE=chef;1922752]That will not work!
Your computer is too slow, also you have no extra controller cards![/QUOTE]

will it work with an extra controller card if so which card would i need please

will i be able to get 3 of the burners to work instead of the 4?

i have overclocked my rig upto 2.65 ghz will this help any?

@ didineedthis,

I seriously doubt that your System Memory/CPU Speed/PCI Bus/Front Side Bus will Effectively support 4 DVD Burners ->

http://www.directron.com/fsbguide.html

There just isn’t going to be enough bandwidth throughput available.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;1922807]@ didineedthis,

I seriously doubt that your System Memory/CPU Speed/PCI Bus/Front Side Bus will Effectively support 4 DVD Burners ->

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

would there be enough for 3? there is nothing else running on the computer no anti virus ect

please escuse my ignorance i am totally new to all this.

regards

steve

bump this

if i get an extra controller card will this help? if so which card do i need to get

i have a VIA VT6421 will this work? if so how do i set it up its installed in my computer
do i need to alter any settings to get it to work.

regards
steve

@ didineedthis,

I provided you with a Web Page reference specifically for you to fully understand ALL the particulars involved in attempting to do something that your computer wasn’t designed to do. Suggest reviewing ALL the information provided in the Web Page reference ->

http://www.directron.com/fsbguide.html

They specifically design DVD Duplicators with a controller with sufficient enough bandwidth throughput to handle multi DVD Burners. Unfortunately your particular was not designed to be a DVD Duplicator. Suggest conducting a Google Search (http://www.google.com) for “DVD Duplicator”.

Regards,
bjkg

my mate has exacly the same set up as me , and he burns with 4 burners all burn at 4x . all at the same time with no problems.

my set up will not let me burn more than 2 at any 1 time and then i am only burning at 3x not 4x

this is what my problem is .he has the exact same set up with no problems

what size cpu would you reckomend then?

WOULD THEY ALL RUN ON THIS RIG

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name STEVE
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dell DXP051
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A07, 08/01/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name STEVE\steve parry
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,045.55 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.18 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.36 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

regards

steve

[QUOTE=didineedthis;1922974]my mate has exacly the same set up as me , and he burns with 4 burners all burn at 4x . all at the same time with no problems.

my set up will not let me burn more than 2 at any 1 time and then i am only burning at 3x not 4x

this is what my problem is .he has the exact same set up with no problems

what size cpu would you reckomend then?

WOULD THEY ALL RUN ON THIS RIG

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name STEVE
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dell DXP051
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A07, 08/01/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name STEVE\steve parry
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,045.55 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.18 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.36 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

regards

steve[/QUOTE]

I’ve never used simultaneous burners but provided that all four are operating correctly in UDMA4 mode and also that the HDD drivers are working properly then 4 burners running at 4x shouldn’t be a problem on your existing system.

Why dont you try the transfer rate and CPU usage tests of nero CDspeed to see if the IDE interface to the burners is working efficiently. If they’re all ok then run a benchmark like HDtach on your harddrive and make sure that the transfer rates and CPU usage are ok there too.

Do the drives support burn-proof (or a similar technology)? If required, is the application enabling this feature?

-brendan

OF course they have that but it will not help here.

4x dvd burner simultaneous is crazy and impossible without a hell of a computer anyways.

[QUOTE=chef;1924808]OF course they have that but it will not help here.

4x dvd burner simultaneous is crazy and impossible without a hell of a computer anyways.[/QUOTE]

Look, a 4x dvd burn is ~5.4MB/s. Four drives is a throughput of 21.6MB/s. As long as you’ve got your four drives on at least two channels (two per), be they IDE, SATA or firewire, and you’ve got your hard drive (with the source images) on another channel, you have a proper amount of RAM for the filecache of the source image (to reduce thrashing on the hard drive), all channels are operating at appropriate UDMA levels and you don’t have interfering drivers/applications/OS settings, I don’t see where the hardware is incapable of performing the task.

-brendan

@ bhoar,

The problem is that Front Side Bus does NOT have sufficient bandwidth throughput to support 4 simultaneous DVD Burners operating at the same time…

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=bjkg;1924925]@ bhoar,

The problem is that Front Side Bus does NOT have sufficient bandwidth throughput to support 4 simultaneous DVD Burners operating at the same time…

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

i have ordered a intel core2 quad processor

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Processors-Intel

and a new motherboard

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/113951/show_product_reviews

i will try after installing these

also my old computer will not burn at more than 2x now

it was burning 2 drives @4x with no probs.
but now it will not go more than 2x with 1 drive attached

this is a pioneer 112d (ide)

i have also bought a pioneer 212 (sata) and tried that
its running in dma 4

i have uninstalled the ide channel and let windows install it fresh

but still the same problem,

any ideas here?

[QUOTE=bjkg;1924925]@ bhoar,

The problem is that Front Side Bus does NOT have sufficient bandwidth throughput to support 4 simultaneous DVD Burners operating at the same time…[/QUOTE]

Look, the (ancient) 33MHz PCI is 32-bit - that’s 133MB/s (for everything on the PCI bus). The stats I gave above indicate throughput need of 21.6MB/s to feed four 4x DVD burners. The FSB is always way faster than the PCI bus.

Explain again, what is the problem?

-brendan

The problem is that you’re only talking about theoretical, maximum supported values, not real world operations. In addition, there are other activities on the PCI bus that could be resource hogs. With all the interrupt requests going back-and-forth, even with DMA, that bandwidth get bogged down. Even with modern computers, there would be no way to burn 4 discs at 16x simultaneously. Only a real duplicator can do something like that.

[QUOTE=KTL;1925043]The problem is that you’re only talking about theoretical, maximum supported values, not real world operations. In addition, there are other activities on the PCI bus that could be resource hogs. With all the interrupt requests going back-and-forth, even with DMA, that bandwidth get bogged down. Even with modern computers, there would be no way to burn 4 discs at 16x simultaneously. Only a real duplicator can do something like that.[/QUOTE]

i am only trying to burn 4 discs at 4x not 16x

if it makes any difference i dont know.

this is whats in the rig i am having the burn issues with now
Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

how come i cant burn faster than 2x on just 1 burner?
regards
steve