4 Bays in PC....wanting to copy lots of dvd movies

Sup fella’s…

Ok, my computer can support 4 dvd drives. There’s three IDE ports and one dvd drive and the main ide hrad drive are on one port, other two are free…

I can connect 4 more but only 3 bays physical which is fine…

my usual method of copying dvd movies, is to use clonedvd to create the image, this part takes anywhere from 20-30-50 minutes…

These dvd’s do not play in our old toshiba dvd player bought in 1992 , but they work ok on my xbox1 and xbox 360 and zenith and other computers… I’d like to never have to worry about if the dvd’s wont work in newest equipment, so what is the BEST way to make PERFECT or as CLOSE to perfect copies of dvd movies ? use dvd + r or dvd - r media? What kind of burner is best? I have several nec 3550a’s, lite-on 160PS and pioneer 111d, not sure which ones are the best so i’m asking here…

I need to backup our entire dvd movie collection which is a few hundred dvd movies since the kids destroy the dvd’s very quickly, we’ve lost many already.

So I’m looking for FASTEST method and PERFECT backup’s, if can be burning all 4 drives at once, that’d be splendid, not sure which is better, to have on the fly for 2 simultaneously or backup to image 4 at a time and then burn 4 at a time, and I don’t even know if clone dvd can support burning or imaging more than one at at time…

Thanks in advance~

Get a professional duplicator unit. Anything else is crap.

that is out of the question, they are way expensive, i can buy 4 dvd burner drives for about $100 and got 4 gigs ram and super fast pc’s, a professional dvd duplicator probably costs min $600 and can’t do jack.

I want something reliable, not something sold with only intent to make tons of money for old hardware, plus you can’t do anything else with dvd duplicators and i have heard nothing but trash about them from everyone i’ve ever met.