4.7GB explodes to 22.3GB with Nero

Need help::
i purchased DVDs from Asia and they are encoded in PAL:iagree:. My Sony player refuses to play in USA with an error “CANNOT PLAY WITH REGION RESTRICTION”:clap:. I tried finding region hacks but couldn’t locate one so decided to reencode to NTSC using Nero 6.0. But now Nero explodes the 4.7GB data to 22.7GB before transcoding.

Any help or clues would be welcome as i have got lots of DVDs to convert. Have already wasted 6 DVDs.:sad:

This is DVdfab foruma not nero

[QUOTE=dvdfrik;2310240]Need help::
i purchased DVDs from Asia and they are encoded in PAL:iagree:. My Sony player refuses to play in USA with an error “CANNOT PLAY WITH REGION RESTRICTION”:clap:. I tried finding region hacks but couldn’t locate one so decided to reencode to NTSC using Nero 6.0. But now Nero explodes the 4.7GB data to 22.7GB before transcoding.

Any help or clues would be welcome as i have got lots of DVDs to convert. Have already wasted 6 DVDs.:sad:[/QUOTE]

To keep this on subject (and relative to this forum (sort of)) rip the PAL discs to your HD using DVDFab.

It’ll handle PAL as easily as NTSC.

Then, use ConvertXToDVD to do the conversion. (A VSO product…same people that gave us our default Fab burner…).

Tip: Do the movie only, as ConvertX doesn’t convert menus well…

OC

:slight_smile:

Try this guide to convert PAL to NTSC

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic221928.html

If you use the method in calcu007’s link you might try to see if DVDShrink will do a backup.If DVDShrink rejects it then you will probably have problems with it on most DVD players.
If you do full disc to try & keep the menus then ther are some topics here on various ways to do that.
ConvertXToDVD is a shareware program but does have a free trial.I’m not sure if the trial is crippled though.

The ConvertxtoDVD trial put a watermark in the files

calcu007 or dvdfrik if you are interested.The link is for a download of DIVXtoDVD the precurser to ConvertxtoDVD .It is much more limited in functions but it doesn’t have a watermark.
The last time I posted the link I got a hard time from someone for posting this old socalled obsolete program.
It does work in some situations & since it’s free a useful tool to me anyway.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

cholla is correct :iagree:
DivXtoDVD is a nice little tool to keep in the old toolbox :bigsmile:

This is Amazing!!! Thanks calcu007 and Cholla for the solution. I got it working. Thanks guys

I have ConvertxtoDVd already and I am a happy customer of VSO.