4.2.0.2 -> 4.3.1.7 Why?

So does the new CCD write it correctly, or well enough that hide cdr doesnt need to be ticked off?

How does one judge then which softwar eapp writes it better than another if each handles it differently? I guess I am trying to put this on a comparative analysis. Is this a wrong approach?

The developers keep this stuff close as you might expect. This is all we know:

Not long ago, we were reliably informed that DJ was the only app that read and wrote the pregap correctly - it always had done so; since the pregap wasn’t an issue, for some time, the popular apps didn’t bother with it. When it was obvious that the pregap had been included in the protection check it was quickly ‘overcome’.

To answer your question on if you should upgrade…Yes!

it copys sd2.9 no problem which the older has issues with…yes you need the cdtray but your going to need that anyways to hide cdr on cdrws.

Originally posted by Jamos
it copys sd2.9 no problem which the older has issues with…yes you need the cdtray but your going to need that anyways to hide cdr on cdrws.

But if I burn a CCD image with FireBurner I do NOT need the CDTray, so that will be no different to my current capability…

Originally posted by Orinoco
But if I burn a CCD image with FireBurner I do NOT need the CDTray, so that will be no different to my current capability…

sorry let me clarify:

All im using the cdtray for is to hide cdr media which you always will need for cdrw drives…im not using it for emulation.

sorry about that.

try it trial is free…

let me put it this way i had two drives that would never play backups of sd2.9 disks without emulation…even using dj or fireburner…they play ccd backups no problem;) :bigsmile:

CCD 4.3.1.7 still requires twin peaks for SecuRom. However it can back up SD 2.9x, which is nothing new because as we all know, so does DD and Fireburner, DJ, Cdmate, Etc. So why pay the registration fee again?
I just made a backup of C&C Generals and the expansion Zero hour using CCD 4.3.1.7. I used the standard Protected CD profile. Read and Burn with my Asus 5224A. Each disk was read and burned in less than seven minutes total and worked in every drive I tried them in. So to answer my own question, CCD 4.3.1.7 is faster, easier, and possibly more reliable than any of the other proggies I mentioned. And I didn’t need the Cd tray.

And by the way, using DJ with Scan gaps and indexes checked took 8 minutes and 8 seconds to read Generals Zero hour on my Liteon DVD drive. Without it checked, it took 8 minutes and 35 seconds! Using the Asus 5224A it took 3 minutes and 1 second checked, and 3 minutes and 6 seconds unchecked.
Is it just me, or is everything all mixed up here in Southern California?

Originally posted by Jamos
try it trial is free…

My registration is too old to get a free upgrade, and by the sound of it, there is nothing earth shattering that would make me want to use my free trial time at this point. If in a few months time there is a release that incorporates SecuROM 4.8x reporduction then I might consider it although I just backed up Max Payne 2 with 4.2.0.2 and TwinPeak, so maybe not.

Thanks to all those who contributed, I’ll stick with 4.2.0.2 for now.

Originally posted by gregski24
CCD 4.3.1.7 still requires twin peaks for SecuRom. However it can back up SD 2.9x, which is nothing new because as we all know, so does DD and Fireburner, DJ, Cdmate, Etc. So why pay the registration fee again?
I just made a backup of C&C Generals and the expansion Zero hour using CCD 4.3.1.7. I used the standard Protected CD profile. Read and Burn with my Asus 5224A. Each disk was read and burned in less than seven minutes total and worked in every drive I tried them in. So to answer my own question, CCD 4.3.1.7 is faster, easier, and possibly more reliable than any of the other proggies I mentioned. And I didn’t need the Cd tray.

same here ive used all the above titles and never gotten them to work in my laptop or creative reader (never without autoplay). First burn of SecretWeaponsof WW2 using the modifed safedisk2 no ews profile from the sticky above (no ews means no emulated weak sectors) which means no emulation. Works flawlessly in all my drives without emulation other than the manditory hide cdr for my cdrw drives.

with cheaper media it worked better burning at 4x speed. Also i am using a 2 sheep Asus 5224A drive (drives matter!). if you dont have a 2 sheeper then just use emulate weak sectors and the cdtray it works fine even on my laptop (used my crappy laptops cdrw to test this to burn with a 0 sheep burner) that even worked!:smiley:

Originally posted by Orinoco
[B]My registration is too old to get a free upgrade, and by the sound of it, there is nothing earth shattering that would make me want to use my free trial time at this point. If in a few months time there is a release that incorporates SecuROM 4.8x reporduction then I might consider it although I just backed up Max Payne 2 with 4.2.0.2 and TwinPeak, so maybe not.

Thanks to all those who contributed, I’ll stick with 4.2.0.2 for now. [/B]

ya if i were you id wait until they defeat sr4.8x without all the twinpeak requirements etc. before i upgraded.

I have to go back and read the Forum rules. I posted illegal advice!

Originally posted by crackpot76
if your key is more than a year old install 4.2.0.2 then …

:cop: Perhaps you should read the Forum Rules again. :cop:

ccd4317 does not make a working copy (on a cdr) from mohaa breaktrough with my hardware tosh dvd reading litey burning (neather does alcoh. etc.) used both lite on burners on different machine’s (nice to have more then one lol ) could be a bad org. of course but its new out of the box (hide media works for the burner but i hate emu’s) and have for the time beiing no other sd2.9 games in the house. cdrw’s however work.! ??? weird

Originally posted by burnerchief
ccd4317 does not make a working copy (on a cdr) from mohaa breaktrough with my hardware tosh dvd reading litey burning (neather does alcoh. etc.) used both lite on burners on different machine’s (nice to have more then one lol ) could be a bad org. of course but its new out of the box (hide media works for the burner but i hate emu’s) and have for the time beiing no other sd2.9 games in the house. cdrw’s however work.! ??? weird

what profile did you use when you burned breakthrough with clone? if you used the protected game profile then you would have to use the ccdtray as it uses emulation to copy. If you havent tried already try the profiles from the sticky above and use the safedisk2 no aws profile it doesnt use emulation. burn at 4x speed if you dont have really good media (ie if you dont have verbatam datalifeplus).

use profile no emu no weak sectors or what soever because my litey’does not need that it should make a perfect copy used differerent read and write speed and different media sd 2.8 is no problem works perfect.tried different firmware’s no go
perhaps i have to wait for another sd 2.9 game to see if it’s a original that gives me this problems:confused:

burnerchief hi :slight_smile:
Can you please make your signature shorter? Maybe use a different font or something?

well after reading all these posts about new clonecd I tried last version with the game C&C Generals Zero Hour with successful results:

Plextor 40tsi+Plexwriter 8/20= works in all drives
Plextor 40tsi+Liteon 52327S=works at top speed too!!! in all
Plexwriter Premium+Plexwriter Premium+AWS=Perfect backup
Without emulation and only using clonecdtray for cdrw/dvdrw drives for hiding ATIP

Why I say that are successful results? Because when I read the backups it works without problems and MAKING THE IMAGE of the backup AT LOW SPEED WITH PLEX CD-ROM SCSI READERS and other drives WEAK SECTORS DOES NOT APPEAR AS BAD SECTORS!!! so, my liteon cdrw have not problems with sd2.90 at top speed. :bow:
A time before I had problems with sd2.90 because my backups had extra errors in the range of weak sectors and now NO!! :smiley:
This last clonecd version have seen the only one that has allowed me to get the backups of sd2.90 with the range of errors 800-10000 only!!
The other cd-recording software as Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite, discjuggler… produced me extra errors (appeared some weak sectors as bad sectors) in my backups and in some drives they did not work.
Sorry if someone do not want that I put capital letters.

Best regards folks :stuck_out_tongue:

I can confirm Parker:bigsmile: , a backup of Dragon’s lair 3d made with this version (reading and writing with the Premium) works in my Toshiba dvdrom(no extra errors!!!, never happened before).

Nice work:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
burnerchief hi :slight_smile:
Can you please make your signature shorter? Maybe use a different font or something?

better?:wink:

I told you all this before in my post CloneCD Rocks! :wink:

It works in all my drives now…in my list of drives that will not play back sd2.9 titles without emulation i moved two from will not play to will play…out of 20 or so drives tested i have not gotten one to not play back a clonecd backup no emu.

Now they need to do the same for secruerom and the plex premium as bw and ill be a one program user!:stuck_out_tongue: