4.0.6.5 Beta crashes after starting second backup

vbimport

4.0.6.5 beta crashes when you try to backup a second DVD without closing DVDfab in between. Attached please find crash report.

This is happening to me as well.

And me as well, once I tried it.

Actually, now that I have tried a few more back ups I see that I am having numerous problems, the crash is one, then when I insert a DVD Fab just keeps doing its open DVD deal when it reads the DVD, also some other freeze ups/crashes.

I rolled back to the previous version but the problems were still there, that make sense?

Ditto, here…I’ve been Closing and re-Opening to keep Platinum sort of stable. Even doing that, though, there are a variety of stability issues and crashes.

[QUOTE=Stryk911;2003775]Actually, now that I have tried a few more back ups I see that I am having numerous problems, the crash is one, then when I insert a DVD Fab just keeps doing its open DVD deal when it reads the DVD, also some other freeze ups/crashes.

I rolled back to the previous version but the problems were still there, that make sense?[/QUOTE]

If you do a roll back and the problem is still there, try doing a “Clean” uninstall using the steps below in my signature :cool:

I’d done a clean install…

My crash occurs when you say “Burn Again” after Fab has successfully ripped & written the first disk.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2003874]I’d done a clean install…

My crash occurs when you say “Burn Again” after Fab has successfully ripped & written the first disk.[/QUOTE]

If I want or need to burn another copy I always just click Finish and then select the temp folder that was made and select full disc that way it starts the burn to disc process

I too am having the issue of of 4.0.6.5 Beta crashing when trying to copy more than 1 DVD, the second DVD gives the crash log screen. I am not trying to burn to DVD but am ripping to HD when this happens. However if I close DVDFAB between rips it appears that it is working correctly.

Larry :sad:

[QUOTE=DaGeekster;2004221]I too am having the issue of of 4.0.6.5 Beta crashing when trying to copy more than 1 DVD, the second DVD gives the crash log screen. I am not trying to burn to DVD but am ripping to HD when this happens. However if I close DVDFAB between rips it appears that it is working correctly.

Larry :sad:[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the problem I was trying to decribe. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Same problem here also I thought it was my old machine that i just redid.I had just finished reloading Win2000 Pro

bean55

Dear all,

We will check the problem asap, thanks for your report.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hey all,

Sorry to add more to this thread but am having lots of (in my case) small’ish issues with 4.0.6.5 — mainly the probs are the Registration screen appearing somewhere in the ‘backup’

DVDFab starts OK and then analysis’s the disc – sometime when the copy (to HDD) starts this then get t he registration form and the prog crashes…

I can normally re-start and it OK after this ? but seems more un-stable than any previous verison at the momnet.

I know Fengtao and team are looking at this and if I can supply further info. will do so…

B e S t,

Asbac

[QUOTE=fengtao;2004482]Dear all,

We will check the problem asap, thanks for your report.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fengtao, that’s what I was hoping for.