3D on Playstation 3 will require compromise

vbimport

I just posted the article 3D on Playstation 3 will require compromise.

A recent firmware update has prepared Sony’s Playstation 3 for 3D gaming, but players who take advantage will notice some drawbacks.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/3d-on-playstation-3-will-require-compromise-28892/](http://www.myce.com/news/3d-on-playstation-3-will-require-compromise-28892/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Interesting, so the PS3 might not be as powerful as they have indicated in the past. Hopefully it has no issues with 3D movies, once it gets the update to allow playback of those.

I think the ps3 is about as powerful as we’ve all been lead to believe. It was originally designed to play 2d 1080p games. In order to do 3d it pretty much had do to twice the work (so it came play two frames simutaneously). The ps3 is a number of years old, and wasn’t designed at all. Its almost like playing two video games at once.

I’m sure the nextgen, taking advantage of more modern hardware will have an easier time with it. The ps3/360 were never really designed to have the firepower to do 3d, as 3d wasn’t really talked about when the came out.

We need a PS4 for 1080p 3d gaming :stuck_out_tongue:

Uh, any PS3 games that need any real amount of graphics processing render internally at 720. All of them. Its old news

1080p on PS3 is for games that don’t use much 3D graphics horsepower.

[QUOTE=ivid;2513471]Uh, any PS3 games that need any real amount of graphics processing render internally at 720. All of them. Its old news

1080p on PS3 is for games that don’t use much 3D graphics horsepower.[/QUOTE] Actually i did not know that. Care to prove that statement with some interesting web links or something?

“To the eye, games running in 30 Hz will appear as 30 frames per second.”

You don’t say! So can I also expect that, to the eye, running games in 16:9 AR @ 1080p will appear as an array of 1920x1080 pixels?