3D movies will be tough to pirate

vbimport

3D movies will be tough to pirate.

[newsimage]http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/02/qYwnqx.jpg[/newsimage]As Hollywood continues to battle pirates who reportedly hurt the movie industry, 3D movies could give the industry a lifeline due to the difficulties involved in ripping off 3D content.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/3d-movies-will-be-tough-to-pirate-25865/](http://www.myce.com/news/3d-movies-will-be-tough-to-pirate-25865/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Does it really matter?

…most pirates have an eye patch preventing 3-D vision anyway! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2493224]Does it really matter?

…most pirates have an eye patch preventing 3-D vision anyway! :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]bwahahaha :bigsmile:

That’s very true. :smiley:

They’ve already 3D cameras on the market, so I’d imagine that by the time these 3D TVs become widespread, 3D camcorders will in turn become widespread also and I’m sure there’s little stopping a pirate popping a pair of 3D glasses on their 3D camcorder.

Then again, even today, no matter how well a pirate succeeds in illegally recording at the cinema, there is simply no replacement to going out to the pictures, just like heading out for a meal. You wouldn’t say to your partner “No, we’ll eat at home instead”. It’s hard to replace the experience of gong to the cinema, unless of course the locally run cinema is in an awful state.

Of course if the cinema goes to the stage of running airport style security (which some do to confiscate hidden snacks & drinks), then I can see what puts some off going out to the pictures.

…most pirates have an eye patch preventing 3-D vision anyway! :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]

LOL

I bet it’s very tough to record 3d movies with the current recording devices.

I bet it’s fairly easy to copy files/blu-ray/optical disc/some other form of digital content, no matter if its output is in 2d, 3d or any other dimension. As long as it’s digital.

Renting hasn’t stopped me from going to the movies. But i haven’t gotten to go in a while to some of the ones i wish i could have :confused:

3D never made a huge impression on me. And i have seen several movies in 3D at a Imax theater were the screen is 2 stories high. But still to me it was neat but not enough to buy it for home use. Besides wearing the glasses would just seem weird while watching all my movies in my house.

For buying DVD/Blue-Ray i don’t buy them unless i LOVED them. So needless to say i don’t buy a whole lot of them when i can just stream/rent them free with Red box codes :smiley:

Just give it time. If there’s $$$ in it, sombody will do it. For profit of course.

…most pirates have an eye patch preventing 3-D vision anyway! :bigsmile: [/QUOTE]

+1 :slight_smile:

I don’t remember hearing about any new DRM or protections being implemented on 3D Blu-ray Discs. Anybody? Bueller?

Just like Mr. Belvedere said above, 3D content should be relatively easy to rip from Blu-ray Discs. AnyDVD HD anyone?

Capturing the 3D aspect of the movie with a camera would be difficult. But as long as they require the use of polarized glasses for the 3D effect, a camera would only need to have a polarized lens to capture a 2D version. Think of it like closing one eye.

[QUOTE=bernesto;2493334]Capturing the 3D aspect of the movie with a camera would be difficult. But as long as they require the use of polarized glasses for the 3D effect, a camera would only need to have a polarized lens to capture a 2D version. Think of it like closing one eye.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I remember doing that watching Captain EO n Disneyland. I couldnt quite focus my eyes on the 3d part.

The movie industry is so full of crap! The reason for the decline is pricing. I used to watch almost every new movie that came out. Now because of prices, I’m very selective on which ones I see. I would rather wait, purchase them on DVD and watch them in my own home.