3D movies are in trouble - here's more proof

vbimport

3D movies are in trouble - here’s more proof.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/06/BtxT6w.jpg[/newsimage]Following an underwhelming past two months which have consistently demonstrated that interest in 3D movies may not be as high as theater owners and movie studios would like, the 3D version of Warner Bros.' adaptation of DC Comic's "Green Lantern" debuted to an anemic 36% attendance rate.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/3d-movies-are-in-trouble-heres-more-proof-47226/](http://www.myce.com/news/3d-movies-are-in-trouble-heres-more-proof-47226/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Basing off of just one title is hardly fair to assume. Now the Green Lantern I had no interest to see period 3D or not. I do go to a lot of 3D movies when the movie looks good and 3D defiantly sways me to see it more as non 3D can be watched at home. In fact I am going to watch Transformers in 3D this Wen. Then next month I plan on seeing the new Final Destination that will also be in 3D.

I’m not understanding why I should pay more to see a movie in 3D, when I can watch it in 2D and be perfectly happy. I do like 3D movies, but its not worth nearly double the admission price.

I think part of the problem is, is that not allot of movies look very good in 3rd. There’s a few movies actually filmed in it, then everything else is a post-production conversion. I think audiences can see that, and they hollywood, in order to turn a quick buck, has been pumping out crappy 3D conversions.

So now people don’t want to pay the extra few dollars. You get these crappy conversions which seem to be a way for hollywood to raise ticket prices by 3 or 4 dollars.

Zod has it right. I go to 3D movies and they are far lower than double the price. Only a few dollars more.

For me, it’s usually not worth the 25% ticket price premium to see a movie in 3D. I’ll make special exceptions for something like Avatar or maybe the new Transformers, when I know they were specifically created with 3D in mind and I’m REALLY interested in seeing the film, otherwise, no 3D for me…

Movies like Thor or Pirates Of the Caribbean do not need to be in 3D. The upcoming Titanic does not need to be rereleased in 3D. Only cartoons and certain movies should be in 3D.

For me I kind of agree with bluray freak. However I want to add that the last final destination and the next one coming out in August was/will be 3D and it was decent. Walt disney seems to have the best though so far.

They just need to lower the price and make it a $2 optional upgrade to the existing ticket price and they would sell well. They’re trying to milk it for all they can but iIt’s not realistic in the current economy. If they want more sales of of 3D tickets just lower the price. It’s just a price point issue with consumers.

People just don’t have the spare cash right now - times are tough. If I take my family to a movie, and can save $10.00 or $15.00 by seeing it in 2D rather than 3D, it’s a no brainer for 2D. There’s really not that much difference in most of them anyway, since (I think) they’re 2D-to-3D conversions.

My eyes don’t see 3d and I don’t like to pay even more just to watch a movie anyways so not interested whether I could actually see it or not. I only watched 1 movie in a theater so far this year and I usually just wait for most to come out n disk and buy a copy to watch at home on my setup at my convenience, plus I can watch it again if it’s really good and only pay once.

Speaking as one who sells TVs for a living;
The general reaction to 3D is about the same as for Picture in Picture.
.01% of the population can’t live without it and the other 99.9% of the population;
“Frankly Scarlett”.

Following an underwhelming past two months which have consistently demonstrated that interest in 3D movies may not be as high as theater owners and movie studios would like, the 3D version of Warner Bros.’ adaptation of DC Comic’s “Green Lantern” debuted to an anemic 36% attendance rate.

3D is not failing just because nobody watched the Green Latern movie. The Green Latern movie failed miserabely because it is a very crap movie. It sucks more than the biggest black hole in the universe..

3D is failing as well, becaus it is implemented very very horrible and people don’t want to cough up another thousand dollars when they just were lured into buying an HD TV.

Personally i’d rather have a monitor/tv system with lots of different inputs to connect all the crap that needs a tv. I mean, 5 x HDMI, 2 x RGB, 2 x VGA, 2 x DVI-D, 4 x SCART, etc. etc.

Lol I actually don’t like 3D movies myself so couldn’t really care that much about it :stuck_out_tongue: