3d mark 2001 question

vbimport

On my system, I have DirectX9.0a installed. Then I downloaded 3dmark2001, the requirements on the webpage said dx8.1 or higher, but when I tried to run the program, it said I must have directx8.1 installed. Does this mean that I can only run 3dmark2001 with 8.1 and not 9.0?

tia

Have you installed the 3Dmark2001 upgrade as well?

I’m pretty sure you need 3DMark03 to see any benefits from DirectX 9.0a. But it should still run. Have you run dxdiag to see if all is well there?

@ rdgrimes What is dxdiag and where can I get it?

dxdiag
start-run-dxdiag

im using DX 9a and 3d mark 2001se runs fine.

same here…but i have al patches installed

I intalled dx9, but for some reason, 3dmark2001se only detects dx8.0 :confused: . I downloaded dx9 off the Microsoft web site too :frowning: .

EDIT:
Oh btw, I forgot to say that i’m trying to test integrated gf4mx on an abit nforce2 board. Will 3dmark2001se work on this?

Originally posted by pyro_dragun
I intalled dx9, but for some reason, 3dmark2001se only detects dx8.0 :confused: . I downloaded dx9 off the Microsoft web site too

You must uninstall 3dmark and re-install for it to detect DirectX9 if 3dmark was already installed when you upgraded DirectX according to Futuremark’s FAQ page.

Originally posted by pyro_dragun
@ rdgrimes What is dxdiag and where can I get it?

dxdiag - installed with directx - DirectX DIAGnostic. i believe its been installed with every version since 6…but lemme check neways.

//cant find it, but i think thats the case. invaluable utility when your graphics/sound in games goes nuts.

it is still there

go to;
start
run
then type; dxdiag

cant find when the first version of dxdiag came out, as in with directx (whatever)

lol - sorry, my communication skills hit rock bottom 20 minutes ago.

lol

oh…that is what you mean…sorry

:bigsmile:

I tried to reinstall, and I even deleted the registry keys but to no avail, it still wont run :confused: .