360 sharepro problem

Hi

I purchased and have been using 360 Share Pro for well over a year now. I was downloading some files today and right out of the blue it shut down. I restarted it and it appeared that it was going to reopen but right in the middle of the middle of the startup process it shut down again and every time I try to open it the same thing happens. I thought that there may have been something wrong with the software so I downloaded Limewire and the same thing happened again. It starts to open and then it just stops so now i'm wondering if the problem is with my computer. Is there anyone who may know why this may be happening?

Give us some computer specs please. OS, if name brand pc what brand and model#, how are you connecting to the Intenet? What have you installed (software) or changed recently. Have you run any type of virus scan?

Limewire, 360 sharepro/bearshare are the same type of program. You paid for something that you can get for free. Uninstall both programs and do a search to remove everything leftover. Use ccleaner also to remove the leftover files. Then download malwarebytes and run that to make sure you not have spyware/virus on your computer. After that then you can try installing it again to see if it works

I’m using windows XP. I’n not sure what the name brand of the pc is. I bought it from someone who built it themselves about 2 years ago. I connect to the internetthrough a cable connection. I just installe .Net service pak a few days ago. I downloaded CDBurner XP and before it downloaded it told me that I needed the .Net service pak to be able to run the CDBurner XP program. When I realized that i had a problem I used the housecall function at antivirus.com to do a scan and it said that I had a number of infected files. When it asked if I wanted to claen the files I responded yes and then did another scan and this time there were no infections.

GJ
Did everything that you said and it looks like my problem is fixed. This my first time using cdfreaks. I’m still not totally sure of how everything works at this site, how to navigate around or the proper eticate but I think this is a great site and plan to use it whenever I have any computer problems. Thanks for your help.

[quote=Stevek_j;2208193]GJ
Did everything that you said and it looks like my problem is fixed. This my first time using cdfreaks. I’m still not totally sure of how everything works at this site, how to navigate around or the proper eticate but I think this is a great site and plan to use it whenever I have any computer problems. Thanks for your help.[/quote]
Glad I was able to help you also 360 share is no good use the free limewire less problems if you going to use that type of program and it free. Just read the forum rules and you should be just fine on cdfreaks

Hey it’s me again

I thought my problem was fixed. I rebooted my computer after doing everything you said and it was fine but the same thing just happened to me again.

[quote=Stevek_j;2208218]Hey it’s me again

I thought my problem was fixed. I rebooted my computer after doing everything you said and it was fine but the same thing just happened to me again.[/quote]
Sorry to hear that but that is the risk you take when using them type of programs as they mess up your computer.

what type of file sharing program would you recommend

NONE! But you can check out the P2P section of the forum here is the link to it http://club.cdfreaks.com/f83/