3520AW issues - Tried everything - ideas?

I’m experiencing problems with a NEC DVD-RW ND-3520AW drive on a new machine. It burns CDs fine, but it will not burn DVDs. It will not even read DVD-Rs and does not burn to them as well. It is only good for reading retail DVD’s and burning CDs.

I’d really like to fix the problem with the NEC. I’ve been given the run-around by Microsoft tech support and have jumped through all their hoops. Every suggestion they have given me has failed. I’m using Any DVD and CloneDVD2. Here’s a brief list of some of the things I’ve done.

-Reformatted and Reinstalled Windows
-Replaced IDE cable
-Deleted upper and lower filters in the registry
-Completed all firmware upgrades
-Uninstalled, Reinstalled the drive
-Checked jumper settings on device
-Started the IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service
-Reinstalled the ASPI Drivers
-Cleaned DVD-RW Drive
-Used different media

If there is anything else I can do PLEASE let me know! Any help is much appreciated.

(I Broke down and bought a used external USB2.0 drive that burns DVDs fine at 4x to hold me over until I get this to work)

~spezian

Did this drive work correctly in an old PC, or is it new as well? If new, I’d suggest a manufacturing defect – RMA it.

The drive worked correctly when I first built the machine. Thats why I reformatted hoping it would fix whatever software/driver conflict that may have been happening. Should have mentioned that earlier - sorry.

~spezian