3500: which firmware to write MCC03 @16x?

Hello,

Is it possible to write Verbatim MCC03 (sold as 8x/12x) with 16x. Which firmware to choose?

Thank you!

Just buy MCC004…

Haha, that’s not exactly the answer i expected :D. We’ve got here no MCC04 to buy, so I’d like to test my USB enclosure with MCC03 @16x. The write quality is secondary, I only need a firmware supporting this speed with MCC03 …

First, not all, not even close, usb enclosures get up to 16X. Second of all, quality is far more important then speed. By some RICOH JPN R02, they burn very good at 12X and are cheap.

First, not all, not even close, usb enclosures get up to 16X.

You’re not very well informed. USB reaches at least 15x
Further tests with other enclosures / chipsets are still not forbidden?

Second of all, quality is far more important then speed.

I never told the opposite.

By some RICOH JPN R02, they burn very good at 12X and are cheap.

I don’t want to buy RicohR02, I still have some. Indeed I wanted to know if theres a firmware available which writes MCC03@16x. The achieved quality would be - as told above - secondary for me in this case! I’ve got no faster dvds here than MCC03, so i want to write these with 16x for testing.

Look, liggy has made a few fw’s that are capable of burning MCC 003 at 16X but the quality was crap. It’s just a no-go on the nec3500.

Hm… maybe one of the Liggy beta FW supported 16x on MCC003 but I don’t think the disc was useable after the burn. Anyway… the difference between 12x and 16x is less than 1 minute so just use 12x for your MCC003 and buy some disc that Nec supports them @16x like… MXL RG03 or something like that.

Thanks! Is there an overview of the speeded up dvds in Liggys betas? I actually checked his beta thread, but couldn’t find something like this …

MCC 003 is supported @8x only with every official firmware and that is a right decision. You can’t get more out of this disk type or they won’t be readable. They’re also too expensive to produce coasters IMO. Look at JDaMans 16x burn with MCC 004, it is looking very good! :wink:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=114430

Ok, I’m sure you read my postings, so I won’t explain my intentions once more :slight_smile: