3500 vs. 3520

vbimport

I have a 3500 right now w/ about 200 burns on it. I can get a brand new 3520 to replace it for free. Im wondering shuld i do it? I heard the 3500 was better than the 3520. Just wondering what yall thought about it. Thanks.

I would not trade. 200 burns are nothing and you are right. Quite a few people consider the 3500 to be better, even a few who own both. Future firmware may change this, but I get such fantastic results with the 3500 that “better” would be of no real benefit.

It’s basically impossible to get brand new 3500 anymore, but you can get plenty of 3520… If the 3520 does not have a feature that you must have, then stay with the 3500 until it gives its last burn…

Yo-

If you have a good 3500 (and most are) keep it IMO-

Mike

If you’re not trading up, then why trade at all. I’ve read nothing that would convince me that the 3520 is in any way a better burner than a 3500. I’m waiting for something better before I give up on my 3500, and I think that’s going to be a long wait.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I have not seen a good reason to change my 3500 for 3520.

thx guys…guess i’ll stick w/ my 3500.

Yo-

Smart move IMO-

Mike

Besides, when the 4550 comes out this Fall you’ll have another toy to choose from.

If your just eager to spend money, get the BenQ1620. Great reviews on it and in the $50.00 range now from Newegg.

Stay with the 3500, that and the 25XX are the best, if you need something
new get the BenQ, I have one but it won’t burn the cheap discs at 12x like
the 3500 does!!!

I already have a Liteon for scanning. :wink:

Me too but they don’t do jitter!!! That will be my next burner.:bigsmile:

Oh-Oh, you are right. Now I am in trouble. I better not read up on jitter or I’ll be out $50 more. And I just last night got a spare ext. enclosure for the next NEC. Curse you Sportfish. :wink:

Wait, I just solved my problem. My AOpen 1648 AAP does support jitter testing. Whew, that was close.

Hey chas…

Be a Hero and get some seeds. It’s only money let alone a measly $50.00. Besides who knows what this 4550 is going to be like. Could be another bomb like the 3520. Plus I don’t know if you’ve heard but supposedly the 3500 now supports PI/PIF testing with a F/W of 2R8. But know one seems to know where the hell ya can get it. But DVDinfopro claims it. And I did see a short thread here on it but then Dee moved it to Media. I haven’t been there yet but am heading there shortly. So be brave and get the BenQ.:bigsmile: I’m leaving for Az. on Monday for 9 days or mine would be in the mail. It would look good in that spare enclosure you have.:wink:

Be careful with the Aopen, it can freeze up during disc quality scans.

I don’t use the AOpen for quality scans. My Liteon is more reliable. Also I have the older non-pro model. As yet I have had no freeze up. Most of the people with freeze have the newer model.

I don’t use the AOpen for quality scans. My Liteon is more reliable. Also I have the older non-pro model. As yet I have had no freeze up. Most of the people with freeze have the newer model. Besides, Jitter pretty closely follows PI error so there seems to be no point in a second measure of PI.