I AM NEW TO ALL THIS AND REALLY STRUGGLING. I HAVE AN NEC 3500 DVD WRITER AND IT WONT BURN AT THE CORRECT SPEED. ALSO THE BUFFERS SEEM TO RUN DOWN WHEN BURNING. IT IS TAKING APPROX 45 MINS IN NERO TO BURN AND VERIFY A DISC. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
(1) Please turn off capslock.
(2) Please try using the “Search” feature of the forums, all your questions have most likely been answered.
(3) Please provide a bit more info about your computer: Brand, type Intel/AMD/Mac, amount of RAM, Operating system (Win98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc.), Hard Drive(s), and other optical drives.
(4) Before posting on any forum, read the Rules and FAQ’s (often the first few threads).
(5) I am not trying to be mean, but rather to inform you (and others) on how to better the chances of having your questions answered (and avoid annoying other users).
(6) Things to check: Check to make sure the drive is operating in UDMA Mode 2, and not PIO Mode. If you have recently installed Intel’s Application Accellerator, uninstall it.