3360 freezes on eject

vbimport

Hi all, I hope someone can help with this problem.
I recently created a disc with .avi files (not the first time I’ve done this). When I inserted it into my machine all I get is the loading symbol on the TV screen. That symbol stays there for hours (not kidding, hours). If I press dvd on the remote the machine freezes and I need to turn it off at the wall. If I try ejecting the disc, either by holding the stop button on the remote or the eject button on the front panel, the machine freezes. If I try turning the power off, the machine freezes.
I found the posts regarding getting discs out of “blocked” machines but I guess it’s a different issue as neither way worked. The machine is still working in all other areas - timer recordings function, playing recordings from hdd works fine.

I’ve had no problems before this, annoyances yes, but no problems. Bought from a local retailer here in NZ 16 months ago, so the 12 month warranty has expired.
Machine Details : Philips DVDR3360H/75 - firmware version R18.10

Thanks

Hi,
Sounds like its taken a dislike to the inserted disc.
I can send you pics on how to remove it.
PM me with your email and I`ll send them over.

Ok. I’ve managed to get the disc out. I tried the methods in listed in this post
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f114/info-how-open-tray-philips-dvdr-when-blocked-displayed-200172/

The electronic procedure just made the machine freeze up.
The manual procedure wouldn’t work as there appeared to be something plastic blocking the mechanism.
I finally bit the bullet and opened the machine up. After removing the cover (9 screws) the HDD (4 screws) to get the faceplate (3 screws) the dvd drive (4 screws). Gently easing the faceplate and DVD drive out I find a plastic coated sticker covering the release mechanism.:a

Ripped the sticker off, slid the mechanism to the right and hey presto out pops the tray.

I’m fairly sure that I could have just pushed a screwdriver through the sticker and released the tray that way. But of course not knowing what was there meant I had to pull the machine apart to see what it was.

So if you have DVD that wont eject and find something white covering the hole where the mechanism is, it’s a fairly safe bet that you can carefully ripped through it to get to the release mechanism.

I’m posting this just in case someone else finds the same problem I did and doesn’t feel they need to spend money on a service just to get a disc out.

Thanks all

Thanks [B]Symm[/B]: much obliged for you for the feedback… :flower:

My other half and I would just like to thank imkidd57 AND Simm. For us the manual method at http://club.myce.com/f114/info-how-open-tray-philips-dvdr-when-blocked-displayed-200172/ DID work, but only because Simm had said that if he’d know that a piece of paper was all that stood between him and the release mechanism in the first place it would have saved hours. We knew what to look for, and ignore, when we found the slot on the underside of the sod-of-a-machine. Between you both you have saved us money and time, thank you both so very very much.

hi i got the same problem with my philips dvdr 3360h its freezing everything can you please help me out too my email is thesweetguy1967@yahoo.com
hope you can help
many thanks in advance
kim andersen

[QUOTE=Symm;2055908]Ok. I’ve managed to get the disc out. I tried the methods in listed in this post
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f114/info-how-open-tray-philips-dvdr-when-blocked-displayed-200172/

The electronic procedure just made the machine freeze up.
The manual procedure wouldn’t work as there appeared to be something plastic blocking the mechanism.
I finally bit the bullet and opened the machine up. After removing the cover (9 screws) the HDD (4 screws) to get the faceplate (3 screws) the dvd drive (4 screws). Gently easing the faceplate and DVD drive out I find a plastic coated sticker covering the release mechanism.:a

Ripped the sticker off, slid the mechanism to the right and hey presto out pops the tray.

I’m fairly sure that I could have just pushed a screwdriver through the sticker and released the tray that way. But of course not knowing what was there meant I had to pull the machine apart to see what it was.

So if you have DVD that wont eject and find something white covering the hole where the mechanism is, it’s a fairly safe bet that you can carefully ripped through it to get to the release mechanism.

I’m posting this just in case someone else finds the same problem I did and doesn’t feel they need to spend money on a service just to get a disc out.

Thanks all[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU I had the same problem and while i was poking around for the release, made a hole in this “paper” area shaped like a lozenge directly underneath the drive then found your post so ripped it out all together and there was the release lever. YOU ARE AWESOME THANKS FOR SHARING THAT INFO!! I was already trying to work out how i was going to unscrew the case…