32x vs 40x vs 48x - Burn Quality

vbimport

Hi All,

There have been several posts comparing write quality of the 32125W/S and the others (40125 / 48125).

Could owners post their experiences here specifically with reference to the model (OC or not), firmware revision, number of CDs burnt , problems faced and so on?

I know that runner1000000 has posted some results as have others. But this post requests information gathered by Liteon owners over a period. This might probably help us decide which firmware version to flash to!

TIA

I have a 32123S, not overclocked. It burns data CD just fine at 32x, if the media is decent. However, for audio, things start getting shakey at anything over about 12x even with good media. I tried buring an audio CD at 32x and the only thing that could read it is another computer’s CD drive. Audio drives would not read it at all. Audio burned at 16x gives the audio drives a bit of trouble initially recognizing the disk.

Originally posted by Tremo
I have a 32123S, not overclocked. It burns data CD just fine at 32x, if the media is decent. However, for audio, things start getting shakey at anything over about 12x even with good media. I tried buring an audio CD at 32x and the only thing that could read it is another computer’s CD drive. Audio drives would not read it at all. Audio burned at 16x gives the audio drives a bit of trouble initially recognizing the disk.

========================================

there must be something wrong with your setup !!

i burned on to data safes premium @48x

audio and it played fine on a maranz cd player connected to a AUaudio system seprits

cost over 3 grand that could be the problem :stuck_out_tongue:

and it played fine

my spec`s are …

LiteOn LTD 163-D 16x48x

and a

40125W clocked to 48125W

try burning to hdd and not on the fly i can do it on the fly but your cd player may play them fine :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure about the data CDs but my burner burns audio CDs @ 40x fine, with my pine 80min CD-Rs

no distortion or anything