32x rewrite speed from Liteon?

It was reported by a member that I believe Alcohol 120% lists a 5232 Liteon…

I thought a previous post by when of the mods indicated that the expected 32x rw was not going to made by liteon…wish I could remember the post

Does anyone know if Liteon is going to release a 32rw in either 6S or later series…if so I would just wait and not get a 522452 as 24x cdrw are not easily available to me so there is little advantage to get this drive if a 32 rewrite maybe available in a few months

Thanks

Originally posted by nealh

It was reported by a member that I believe Alcohol 120% lists a 5232 Liteon…

I thought a previous post by when of the mods indicated that the expected 32x rw was not going to made by liteon…wish I could remember the post

The post where your name also was mentioned :smiley:

LTR-52326S listed

No…I know about the newer post but this one was a few months back and it was rumored therre was a 32 rewrite drive coming out then a moderator who may have had some “inside” info said the 32 rewrite was not going to happen

Okay. But why do you keep “searching” for that thread ?
Just to know who that was and drive him into a corner ?

:bigsmile:

No…I am not trying to drive anyone into a corner…I just want a bit more info if possible…

From what I have read there has been many ??? as to whether a 32x rewrite will hapen want to see a source other than the software Alcohol saying there is a 52326S in the pipe…

I am not sure how reliable they are…not a slight just my ignorance…

Boskin…you should know I am not out to “corner” anyone…my posts do not bash people

Yes, I do know that.

The thing is that I myself am in a very funny mood today.
So, I simply was kinda trying to make a silly joke of it. Nothing more or nothing less. :wink:

I was not offended…just did want anyone else to think i was being a jerk

So I guess the question is do I keep the 522452 I have new in the box or wait for a 5232 or hope I can o/c

24x is fast enough for most people. I’'m still at 12x. And here is the direct link

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/devsupp/drvinfo.php?VendorName=LiteOn&B1=submit

thanks…wonder why Liteon has not announced if Alcohol know it is in the works