32GB Micro SDHC Card for $16.52 Shipped

vbimport

Not sure how good of a deal it is compared to others but newegg has a silicon power 32GB Micro SDHC card (class 4) for $16.52 with free shipping. $20 was about the cheapest I could find on anything else comparable. Just add promo code for the price.

That’s a great value when used with devices that have a slow write rate or will do more reading than writing. :iagree:

Recently, I bought 2x16 GB Class 6 for 16 Euros at Aldi. No coupon code required. :slight_smile:

Michael

That’s a good price and I’ve found same size item for £12.99 in UK.

Steve

In actuality, the cards cost the SAME to produce… some are tested out and/or crippled to the slower standardized speeds for various price levels. This is how the flash industry recoups R&D over a longer time… kind of like extending patents on prescription drugs through reformulations.

[QUOTE=Albert;2648062]That’s a great value when used with devices that have a slow write rate or will do more reading than writing. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Not sure how it will work in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I have it installed but I have yet to put anything on it. The problem is that different manufacturers have different standards for how they rate classes, so I don’t know how much faster a class 10 would be compared to this thing.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2648919]Not sure how it will work in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I have it installed but I have yet to put anything on it. The problem is that different manufacturers have different standards for how they rate classes, so I don’t know how much faster a class 10 would be compared to this thing.[/QUOTE]
It should be good for casual use of a tablet. Given that the apps try to run exclusively from internal storage in these newer devices with 8+ GB of it, there shouldn’t be much of a bottleneck except when Android indexes media files. Even then, the indexing job might be only a tiny bit slower. There are some things (like locally backing up apps to the SD card) that become slower, but again, it’s an infrequent thing.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2648919]Not sure how it will work in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I have it installed but I have yet to put anything on it. The problem is that different manufacturers have different standards for how they rate classes, so I don’t know how much faster a class 10 would be compared to this thing.[/QUOTE]

I have a class 4, 32 GB card in my Galaxy Tab 2, and it works perfectly for playing videos. :iagree:

[QUOTE=jadburner;2648950]I have a class 4, 32 GB card in my Galaxy Tab 2, and it works perfectly for playing videos. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I’m tempted to pick up another one when they go on sale again for my cell. It would give me plenty of storage for music.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2649748]I’m tempted to pick up another one when they go on sale again for my cell. It would give me plenty of storage for music.[/QUOTE]

Do it. It’s quite a decent investment at this point.

nice find… dont know how you guys/gals find these deals but im glad i became a member

Either browsing the sites themselves or going to a place like slickdeals.