32125W gone funny?

vbimport

got a Liteon 32/12/40 (32125W) it wont read many CDs, i cant draw a pattern from the CDs it will or wont read tho?! it cant even read the CDs it burns?! One of the wierdest instances being when installing WinXP. It could do the CD Bootup, HDD format, primary file copying, but after the first reset and continuing with installation, it asked me to reinsert the CD when i hadnt even removed it? so i stuck an old 24x CDROM in the machine (on the same ATA cable and connector the CDRW was on) and it finished installing and then i put the CDRW back in and put the winxp cd in and it AUTORAN fine?!? Another example, i had a VCD that played in my Pioneer 105S 16/40 DVDROM, Plextor 2410TA, Daisol DVD Player, but not the Liteon, so i ripped the DAT file and reburned as a VCD thru Nero and it worked fine in the Liteon, please help!

Tested the drive in another computer/with another OS?

Just to limit the problem to drive or computer/os…

Upgraded to the latest firmware verion?

One of the wierdest instances being when installing WinXP. It could do the CD Bootup, HDD format, primary file copying, but after the first reset and continuing with installation, it asked me to reinsert the CD when i hadnt even removed it?

XP doesn’t recognize any drives that have CDs in them during the boot process. The disc has to be inserted into the drive after the system boots up. At least, this has been my experience with XP!

The only way to resolve this is to remove any discs from the CD/DVD drives and reboot.