32125W --> 40125S with P-CAV and mt.rainier supported

vbimport

#1

flashed with mktflash_1.48

from 32125W --> 40125S

my results:

Schreibtest mit liteon CDR-80S (Nero CD speed)

CD Speed

20 Mai 2002 - 16:31:12

CD-ROM drive information
Vendor LITE-ON
Product LTR-40125S
Firmware Version ZS0G

CD information
Type -
Length --:–:--

Test results

Transfer rate
Average 31.62x
Start 18.97x
End 39.92x
Reading type P-CAV

Lesetest audio

CD Speed

20 Mai 2002 - 16:24:38

CD-ROM drive information
Vendor LITE-ON
Product LTR-40125S
Firmware Version ZS0G

CD information
Type Audio
Length 78:53.05

Test results

Transfer rate
Average 37.37x
Start 22.09x
End 49.29x
Reading type CAV

DAE quality
Score 10
Accurate stream Yes

you only need one .bin file for the flash, it is made by da polska
look here:
http://www.brennmeister.com/forum/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=26433&forum=9&start=0

before the flash extract you original firmware with mktflash to have the possibility to go back to 32125W.

you will have write: 40x, read 48x, mt.rainier, p-cav

without any problems, it works great

cptkirk


#2

Of course you also did c2-scans…


#3

for example? give me a good test tool.

audio cd with feurio:
Ãœbertragene Daten: 840,1MB(79:22)
Benötigte Zeit: 02:51 (Ohne Leadin/out: 02:38)
Transferrate: 5308K/sec(30,0fach)

test Nero CD Speed -> scandisk -> surface scan
Good: 100.00%
Damaged: 0.00%
Unreadable: 0.00%

cptkirk


#4

Could ou tell us what media you did the test with, how many burns did you actually do and what you used for reading?

I’ve tried the ZS0G on my 42125S with Princo disks but get C2 errors in Nero CD Speed Scan disk tests when written at 40X. Burnt under ZS0A I get less C2 errors. Thats after making about 10 test copies of the same CD (Win98SE). C2 Errors appear in LTD-163 DVD-ROM, when read from the burner they don’t show as much or not at all.

In any case Kudos for your experiment, this is very exiting indeed :slight_smile:


#5

cptkirk, I read the brennmeister.com post you supplied earlier and all I can say is, “brilliant!”… This could overthrow Lite-On’s marketing department!!!

Anyway I’m sure OC-Freak would love to get his hands on this bin file of yours or at least have a look at this post (it’s in German, though, but I believe OC-Freak should be able to read it, nicht wahr?)

:slight_smile:


#6

There’s nothing new in this. LTR-32125 & LTR-40125 are the same HW… As are LTR-32123 & LTR-24103… All the requisite files are @ CD Freaks site.


#7

I can’t read German :wink:

Only English and Norwegian(and Swedish and Danish since they are close enough to understand most of it).

But it do not seem to me that there is anything new?

LTR-40125S
LTR-40125W
LTR-32125W

Is most likely the same hardware and it should be possible to flash them all ways…


#8

is there anybody with an original 40125S,
flashed under dos with the (unofficial firmware version) zs0g.exe file,
who can extract the .bin file with mktflash
and mail it to me?

kirk_x@hotmail.com

thx
cptkirk


#9

My main computer is having a virus called M$ windows XP, it causes the PC to be unstable and crash to much…

But I have it and when I get my main computer back alive again(probably late tomorrow) I’ll send it to you if not somebody else do that before me.


#10

Originally posted by cptkirk
is there anybody with an original 40125S,
flashed under dos with the (unofficial firmware version) zs0g.exe file,
who can extract the .bin file with mktflash
and mail it to me?

Check your mail…I just emailed it off to you!


#11

Originally posted by Flashman
[B]

Check your mail…I just emailed it off to you! [/B]

thx, i’ve got it.

cptkirk


#12

I have flashed my 32125W to 40125S with the zs0g-Firmware…
There is no prob, except InCD:
It won’t format any of my RWs (LiteOn, Verbatim, BestMedia, Intenso,…) in CDMRW-Format. It starts up, start formatting and never ends. 2,5 hours waited, nothing happend…
Could it be, that there’s not the right hardware in this drive to handle CDMRW?

Ronny


#13

Originally posted by Ronny@Home
[B]I have flashed my 32125W to 40125S with the zs0g-Firmware…
There is no prob, except InCD:
It won’t format any of my RWs (LiteOn, Verbatim, BestMedia, Intenso,…) in CDMRW-Format. It starts up, start formatting and never ends. 2,5 hours waited, nothing happend…
Could it be, that there’s not the right hardware in this drive to handle CDMRW?

Ronny [/B]

i’m using XP. XP burning tool off; no DirectCD or something like that in the system; InCD works fine and fast. And with ReadCDMRW i can read the CDMRW in my DVD-rom. to format the CDMRW needs 1-2min. (is shown in a window on the desktop), and finished maybe 15min. in the background.

When i tried to install DirectCD too, InCD shows the problems you told us about, it doesn’t work correctly.

cptkirk


#14

I have installed WinOnCD 5.0 too, but i have diabled DirectCD and theres nothing to see about it…
I will kill WOCD and test it again…

THX
Ronny


#15

Originally posted by Flashman
[B]

Check your mail…I just emailed it off to you! [/B]

Hmm can i have it also plz ? destroyer@gamepoint.net

thx :slight_smile:


#16

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]My main computer is having a virus called M$ windows XP, it causes the PC to be unstable and crash to much…

But I have it and when I get my main computer back alive again(probably late tomorrow) I’ll send it to you if not somebody else do that before me. [/B]

Bad luck OC. Damn viruses.