32123s>40125s

I overclocked my 32123s to 40125s using Maiks’ format. The cd/rw at its’ original configuration worked great. Now at 40125s, when I try to copy an audio cd, it stalls and hangs at 53 % read and indicates that the liteon is idle and the program is not responding. After I oc’d, I ran the nero tool and it indicated that all was OK. It recognized the new f/w (XSU1) and gave all the drive information as I expected. Here is my info.
My OS is XP pro. Motherboard Asus P4S533. 2.4 ghz 533 CPU. 256 DDR pc2700 ram. Liteon 32x12x40 CD/RW f/w XS0K.
I updated the IDE from ASUS’s site and forced ASPI driver.
My cd/rw is the secondary master and my CD rom is the secondary slave. Both are connected on the same cable. Can anyone help?:confused:

Have you switched off the computer after you overclocked the drive?

My Liteon 40125S (overclocked 32123S) gave problems with Nero and a few other applications after a rebooted the PC after doing the upgrade, i.e. Nero would hang and say ‘Not Responding’. I rebooted the PC and still couldn’t get Nero to work properly. In the end, I powered off the PC completely for a minute and powered it up and since then, the drive and Nero haven’t given any problems since.

When you drive was made before March2002 proberly it doesn’t work.
You must Nero install new

[QUOTE]Originally posted by seanbyrne
[B]Have you switched off the computer after you overclocked the drive?

Yes I have rebooted many times, because when it hangs, I lose all functions. It won’t end the program by using ctrl-alt-del. The tray for the Cdrom also does not function.
For MAIK, my cd/rw was made Feb 2002. I did reinstall Nero but it still did not work. I will try again and I may even reinstall Windows using the repair format and see if that works. Thanks and if anyone has any further suggestions please post it for me.:confused: :a

Originally posted by Maik
When you drive was made before March2002 proberly it doesn’t work.
You must Nero install new

I have a rebagged LTR-32123S made in february 2002 , and I successfully OC it to a LTR-40125S.

I did not have to reinstall Nero.

Before the OC process , I deleted the software/hardware profile of the burner in the peripheral manager, then boot in dos mode and OC my burner, then power off my PC, power on the PC and at the next boot XP discovered the burner as a LTR-40125S.

I launched Nero, and no problem the burner was recognized as a LTR-40125S, maybe there’s another thing to do before OC ( that’s what I have done ) :

Launch nero and choose in the menu Burner -> choose the burner and select Image Recorder - virtual device, btw I have two burners in my PC and before OC , I choosed my second burner.

The idea is the same : to have a valid association in Nero setup , that’s to say you might to have a recorder which is not involded by the OC process before the next boot which follow the OC itself, so the fact to choose a second burner or a virtual one in Nero’s setup might lead to a solution without any problem at the next time you’ll launch Nero, then you’ll be able to select your modified burner.

Here we go again… Mine was from December 2001 and it’s up and running like a charm.