32123s/40125s and Feurio

Been having a few minor speed problems when trying to burn audio and I suspect Nero is being a bit naughty, so thought I’d try Feurio. Since flashing my 32123s with XU1, Feurio doesn’t recognise the drive!

Anyone else had this problem? Better yet, anyone have a solution (besides going back to the original f/w, that is)?

Ta, dik.

ps, couldn’t decide if this should go under the Lite-on, software or audio forum.

You need to update your current version of Feurio, that used to help.

I’ve got v1.65, which I thought was the latest. Guess I’d better check again.

Originally posted by dik

I’ve got v1.65, which I thought was the latest. Guess I’d better check again.

Mine is Feurio 1.65.5ß which means that yours is kinda obsolete :smiley:
As fas as I can recall, since v.1.65 there have been at least 5- 6 updates .

If needed I can mail you any of those .

Updating Feurio won’t help, because XSU1 doesn’t seem to be original and supported Lite-on Firmware. So it is unlikley that there will ever be updates for more supported medias etc.

Try using the “Generischer MMC-Treiber -> für die meissten modernen CD-Writer” Driver. For me it seems to work (but only testet one time)! :wink:

Question: Is it possible to get back the original Firmware or change to another original 40125s firmware so that the drive will be recognised by Feurio etc.???:confused:

Originally posted by marvin-42

Updating Feurio won’t help…

:smiley:
Yeah, it’s quite likely that the 40125S flashed w XSU1 wouldn’t be recognized by Feurio
but at least you can give it a try and check the following stuff out :
Version 1.65 where LTR-40125S isn’t even presented, right ?
And then we just go further looking @ updates like e.g.Version 1.65.5 and voila! -
the above mentioned I Lite-On LTR-40125S [/I] all of a sudden is there now :bigsmile:

As simple as that ! :wink:

Thanks BoSkin. Didn’t even occur to me to look for drivers only. Seems like only yesterday I downloaded v1.65, and when I checked for updates it still listed it as the current version.

I’m an idiot :o

Muchos gracias.

Seems I’m an even bigger idiot than I thought:o The reason I didn’t see any updates is 'cos I was looking at the Nero site, not Feurio’s…dohhhh!

Yeah, that’s fine. :wink:
But how about your goal ? Has Feurio eventually begun recognizing your drive ?

I’ll try it tonight…confident it will work now.

Originally posted by dik

I’ll try it tonight…confident it will work now.

I hope so and good luck ! :wink:

It works, Feurio is happy, I’m happy.
Thanks again, BoSkin.

Originally posted by dik

It works, Feurio is happy, I’m happy.
Thanks again, BoSkin.

Great ! I told ya ! :wink: