32123s@40123S and now?

Hello to everybody!
I have my old 32123s@40123s, overclocked since the beginning and it works very well on writing, but it has many problems on reading!Every time I try to install a program from that drive it give me reading problems and the program halted!
I take the CD, puti it into my 166S and it works very well!
I used Firmware XSU1!
It wasn’t a problem for me because I have two drives and used LTR-32123S only to write CD!
But now I got a 411S and I want to solve this problem because I must sell the drive, maybe in a Computer as single drive so it needs to work well either in reading and writing!
What I have to do?
It is normal that I want my CD-R to remain overclocked!
Can I upgrade the firmware with a new one of the LTR-40123S?
Without loosing the overclock P-CAV e Mt-Rainer?

Thanks to everybody!

My advise is to clock it down to a LTR-32123S again as the newest LTR-32123S firmware offers P-CAV.

I also experienced similar problems with my LTR-32123S when overclocked, so I went back and the problems disappeared.

To bad my LTR-32123S is now retired (got to many new drives and had to take it out of the computer).

Yo OC, since Liteon pays you mods off with free drives to censor certain 401@411 discussions, why don’t you lean on them to do something for you (us really), like come out with one last firmware upgrade for the 32123S which has PCAV, Mt. Ranier, no audio cache, reads protected audio, and better burns than the current firmware. A lot of us still use that drive.

Fair is fair, they get you to do something, you should ask them to do something in return.

Originally posted by Tremo
[B]Yo OC, since Liteon pays you mods off with free drives to censor certain 401@411 discussions, why don’t you lean on them to do something for you (us really), like come out with one last firmware upgrade for the 32123S which has PCAV, Mt. Ranier, no audio cache, reads protected audio, and better burns than the current firmware. A lot of us still use that drive.

Fair is fair, they get you to do something, you should ask them to do something in return. [/B]

They already added some media codes in the LDW-411S firmware that I requested :wink:

LTR-32123S:
No audio cache = All Lite-On drives caches the audio.
P-CAV = Latest firmware have this already
Reads protected audio = Hm, thought it supported this with the latest firmware? No checked though.
Mt.Rainier = Unsure
Burns better = ??? Do it not write good already? I can’t remember having any problems with the latest firmware before I removed it from my computer.

Originally posted by Tremo
Yo OC, since Liteon pays you mods off with free drives to censor certain 401@411 discussions, why don’t you lean on them to do something for you (us really)

Quit being a prick about it Tremo, it’s gone on long enough.

Quit being a prick about it Tremo, it’s gone on long enough.

ROFLOL!

@tremo
They do get something in return! A Review of the drive!
man someone who needs to get a grip! wow u just want it your way and thats not how it is.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]My advise is to clock it down to a LTR-32123S again as the newest LTR-32123S firmware offers P-CAV.

I also experienced similar problems with my LTR-32123S when overclocked, so I went back and the problems disappeared.

To bad my LTR-32123S is now retired (got to many new drives and had to take it out of the computer). [/B]

Yes, ok, I want go back to 32123s but I need the pure bios firmware!Where I can find it?
Over the net I found only the windows exe bios!
Please help me, it’s urgent I must sell the drive!

Originally posted by OC-Freak Burns better = ??? Do it not write good already? I can’t remember having any problems with the latest firmware before I removed it from my computer. [/B]

XS0Z burn quality discussion:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71431

XSU1 (the crap 40x firmware for the 32123s) has by far the worst burn quality. I upgraded with all the hype surrounding it. But then I discovered K-Probe :slight_smile: , and went back to XS0Z, and then XS0X.

Read my signature as well! :slight_smile:

Sansones,

Buon giorno. You can probably use winmtkflash in ide mode (get it from digi’s site), and one of his binary firmwares.

OCF, yes, the latest P-CAV firmware for the 32123S does not have as good a burn as the previous version, that was my point. Perhaps you could ask them for one final firmware update for the drive that improves the burns. Mt. Ranier would be nice as well.

[i]Perhaps you could ask them for one final firmware update for the drive that improves the burns. Mt. Ranier would be nice as well. [/B]

That’s pretty much what I’ve been hoping for. The P-CAV of XS0Z with the burn quality of XS0X, and possibly Mt. Rainier thrown in.

Originally posted by davidh44
That’s pretty much what I’ve been hoping for. The P-CAV of XS0Z with the burn quality of XS0X, and possibly Mt. Rainier thrown in.

I’d been hoping for that, too, but as they haven’t released a firmware update for nearly a year, I have pretty much stopped hoping. Oh, well, XS0Z isn’t bad.