321 Studios releases judge-friendly version of DVD software

vbimport

I just posted the article 321 Studios releases judge-friendly version of DVD software.

GristyMcFisty
reports us that 321 Studios has today released a ‘judge-friendly’ version of
their DVD copying software, DVDXCopy. If you’ve followed the news lately you will probably
have read…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7873-321-Studios-releases-judge-friendly-version-of-DVD-software.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7873-321-Studios-releases-judge-friendly-version-of-DVD-software.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

uselees

I’m guessing this will be about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike…:X

…but more useful than a catflap in an elephant house…

With the comingof dual layer burners, nothing will be as usefull as DVD Decrypter.

Hey guys, where do I download this great software?

Hollywood uber alles! :r Heil RIAA!!

Since this whole crap about the RF version started, I’ve had to renew my interest in DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I just created a backup without any problems using the latest versions. I uninstalled DVD X Copy yesterday. :d Fight the good fight 321 Studios. But your stuff is useless now. Especially with the free utilities working as good if not better. The end of an era. . . :c

What really bugged me about this company is that they have the software talk back to them when you run it and by that means they were able to cripple my software so that I could not copy DVD’s because they came under the “CSS encryption error.”. I checked it out by installing a firewall and “saw” the software trying to access their site. This was with 4038 ver. It is also infuriating :frowning: because I purchased the software last year and I should not have had my unit disabled. As I understand it, only versions sold after the ruling came under Moore’s disabled version, lacking the ripper. They were not told to disable all copies of their product. I am also not in the US so Moore didn’t have to disable my software. I don’t think the judge’s ruling applied outside the USA. I think that 321 Studios is ripping its customers off by having sold them something that looses all its reported “added” functionality without any offer to refund buyers the purchase fee. It is utterly reprehensible that they post : “For those customers receiving the 'CSS encryption error” with the RF version we will not be able to assist you with this error as the software no longer has the ability to back up CSS encrypted DVDs." I understand that the ruling prevents them from offering an alternative ripper but they should at least offer refunds for those individuals who lack the savvy around the subterfuge that they are tacitly propagating- i.e., you can’t use the software unless you rip the dvd and then shrink it with their kowtowing software. :frowning: