30-Pack Maxell 32x CD-R Music (Taiyo Yuden) - $8.99 - Walgreens

vbimport

Maxell CD-R Music 30-pack for $8.99

And yes, these are Taiyo Yuden, and nothing but Taiyo Yuden. Unlike the Sony Music CD-Rs, these are all MIJ.

[quote=negritude;2168473]Maxell CD-R Music 30-pack for $8.99

And yes, these are Taiyo Yuden, and nothing but Taiyo Yuden. Unlike the Sony Music CD-Rs, these are all MIJ.

[/quote]
Thank-You:clap:

Did you notice the description at the Walgreens site? “Made in Taiwan”

Probably a mistake by whoever wrote up the description.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2168516]Did you notice the description at the Walgreens site? “Made in Taiwan”

Probably a mistake by whoever wrote up the description.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I’ve never seen MIT Maxell Music CD-Rs.

I have seen MIT Sony Music CD-Rs, but never Maxell ones.

Maxell is the only branded TY left.

[QUOTE=negritude;2168524]Definitely. I’ve never seen MIT Maxell Music CD-Rs.[/QUOTE]I have. :frowning: They were in the same kind of spindle, with no noticeable change, but MIT. [And this was at a store with no Sony music CD-R, so I’m not totally confused]. However, it’s quite possible that Walgreens is still shoveling out the older stock MIJ discs.

[QUOTE=negritude;2168524]Definitely. I’ve never seen MIT Maxell Music CD-Rs.[/QUOTE]yeah me too Albert at Sam’s Club here. I didn’t buy them so i have no idea what they were.

By the way this was in ripits weekly ads and my local paper too.

I saw that Maxell CD-R ( TY style cake box MIT ) more than one year ago
from Walmart and Office Depot
and same time all disappear Maxell Brand TY CD-R in my area :sad:

OK, well, I guess that means that you should only pick these up in-store, and not order them online. Definitely check that the label says MIJ. Thanks everyone for the correction. :o

I just remember
I saw that same style case early last year ( Jan - Mar 2007 / 30 and 50pack walmart )
that was MIJ but [B]suddenly disappear MIJ Maxell in my Area[/B]
and [B]it change to MIT[/B]

P.S
also same time SONY Music CD-R ( 50pack MIJ ) change to MIT from Target

By “Cake Box” are you refering to the “push down”, but twist to release cover on TY disc boxes as opposed to the “twist to lock or release” on the “others”

As for Maxell the last pack of Maxell Music CD-R’s I aquired
were NOT TY discs but appear to be either Ritek or CMC
(EAC identifies them as “unknown”)

Frankly I’ve recently purchased four packs of Sony Music CD-R’s

Two were TY with the “push down” cover the other’s in the twist-twist spindle cases are identified by EAC as “Sony Corp”, NOT T-Y

I’ve learned that on Sony Discs that if it doesn’t have the "push down"
cover AND the paper “top disc” in the package (like the ones at my local staples) I don’t want them, because they are not T-Y’s

The twist-twist packages of Sony-music OR Maxell-Music at Walmart are NOT T-Y discs

As for the non T-Y Sonys specifically I wound up tossing two out
of each package. The laser dye was not completely covering
the disc and there were gaps at the disc hub.
They write and read Ok, but seem to be more easily scratched than the “Real-Deal”

a dye gap at the outer edge could have been ignored
but ANY flaw at the ID of the disc is a fatal flaw.

AD