3 sheep test & LiteOn drives

can the liteon drives do the 3 sheep test?

What the hell, I thought the most sheeps is two, as seen here.

Originally posted by lovalova
can the liteon drives do the 3 sheep test?

Could you pl explain this new 3 sheep burner concept ??? :confused:

I remember reading somthing about this the other week, im sure it was Alexnoe that tried his liteon burner on the 3 sheep test and it failed? Apperently there is a proggie that you can download, u burn it onto a cdr and it will simulate the bad sectors of SD2, there is an advanced test that had a shit load of regular and iregular patterns to test the efm encoding capabilitys of your burner, and as i said before im sure the liteon failed the test?
I think this is what lovalova is talking about?
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Originally posted by MrJoshua
I remember reading somthing about this the other week, im sure it was Alexnoe that tried his liteon burner on the 3 sheep test and it failed? Apperently there is a proggie that you can download, u burn it onto a cdr and it will simulate the bad sectors of SD2, there is an advanced test that had a shit load of regular and iregular patterns to test the efm encoding capabilitys of your burner, and as i said before im sure the liteon failed the test?
I think this is what lovalova is talking about?
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

you are right. now i remember reading that. the lite-ons have indeed failed.

Here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58658

It does not yet test any irregular weak sectors. Only regular ones (anyway, there would not be much sense in adding irregular ones I think, so it’s not worth the time)

any writer passed the 3 sheep test??

plextor? yamaha?

Yamaha…Plextor…rotfl! They don’t even have 2 sheep!

Whoa!..3 Sheep! I feel out of the loop here. So, the Liteons have indeed failed.

Are there burners out there that pass the three sheep test?

The only writer I know that wrote this file readably was Toshiba SD-R 5002, but of course I would like to do the test on my own to be 100% certain :slight_smile:

I think you should put you head on your pillow, and count the other kind of sheep :wink: