3 hour movie 2GB into 4.7GB Blank DVD

vbimport

Hi guys,

i’m a newbie i want to copy a 3hour movie 2gb into a 4.7gb blank dvd
but i couldn’t, i used windows burner and nero burner.

The dvd specification do mention 120 minutes but i couldn’t get a DVD with longer minutes.

I was told that there is a method. i googled and i couldn’t get it.

Is it possible to do so?

Is the movie on your hard drive or a commercial disc?
If the movie is only 2GB then yes, it will fit easily on a blank disc.

In any event, most of us use ImgBurn to write to discs.

I don’t even need to ask . The movie file that is 2GB is not dvd compliant format.

ImgBurn will Build it to the DVD disc even if it is a .mkv , .avi ,etc .
The DVD player the OP has needs to be capable of playing these type files.
Many new ones can.
If the OP doesn’t have a player that can play those type files then the 2GB file will need to be converted to DVD compliant.

its on my hard drive
Then i’ll try ImgBurn

[QUOTE=cholla;2683143]I don’t even need to ask . The movie file that is 2GB is not dvd compliant format.

ImgBurn will Build it to the DVD disc even if it is a .mkv , .avi ,etc .
The DVD player the OP has needs to be capable of playing these type files.
Many new ones can.
If the OP doesn’t have a player that can play those type files then the 2GB file will need to be converted to DVD compliant.[/QUOTE]
sorry for asking what is OP

Original Poster .

What is the file extension of the movie ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2683152]Original Poster .

What is the file extension of the movie ?[/QUOTE]
Thank you for your info

I tried few formats by using video converter ;= avi, mpeg,wmv

No, what he is asking is what is the original file?
It should have a file name like movie.mkv or movie.mp4 or movie.mpg or something else.
What comes after the “.”?

We assume at this point you got it from a download since you haven’t mentioned.

If you used a converter and got a mpeg, you will need to author it…provided the converter makes it dvd compliant.

[QUOTE=cholla;2683143]I don’t even need to ask . The movie file that is 2GB is not dvd compliant format.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cholla;2683143]If the OP doesn’t have a player that can play those type files then the 2GB file will need to be converted to DVD compliant.[/QUOTE]

That is not necessarily true.
DVd compliant video @ 352 x 240 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard) (Or pal has an equivalent)

…even my old jvc recorders offers FR480 which is 8 hours record mode.

Besides that, I have seen some use odd ball decrypters or strange ways of ripping…then end up with a screwed up files.
That was the reason I posed the questions I did.

@ Steve33 , By DVD compliant I meant it would have .ifo ,.bup , .vob files.
You are correct the .vob files would also need to be within the standard.

What I was trying to say even if there was a mpeg1 or mpeg2 file thatis burned as it is to a DVD disc with ImgBurn. Some DVD players will play it & some won’t.

If that is the type file then it needs a conversion by AVStoDVD or DVDFlick.
If the OP’s DVD player won’t play it.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2683155]No, what he is asking is what is the original file?
It should have a file name like movie.mkv or movie.mp4 or movie.mpg or something else.
What comes after the “.”?

We assume at this point you got it from a download since you haven’t mentioned.

If you used a converter and got a mpeg, you will need to author it…provided the converter makes it dvd compliant.[/QUOTE]
i’m not sure about the orginal file, I think .mpg file i download it from torrent
Since not successful so i tried other formats.
I used xilisoft to converter and i did not author it. But it worked on shorter 4gb movie. so i believe it has something to do with the DVD specifictaion
But i will try on imgburn

I am not familiar with xilisoft.
Actually we were interested in the download file you have…not after you run it through
xilisoft.
It should have an extension as mentioned in above posts.

If you have a DVD RW disc, you can try it without losing anything since it is rewritable.

I doubt seriously that it would be dvd type file, let alone being authored for dvd.

A program that is held in high regard that likely would convert and author it ready for burn is AVStoDVD.

Will the file play on your computer ok and seems to be in good order?

This is about as far as I can help you, remember
that we can only help as far as the information that you give.

Here is the guide for using AVStoDVD.

@ Indiana_raj , I’m not telling you this so you can get around the forum rules but “torrent” downloads are in general considered to be an illegal source of copyrighted material here. That will usually get a thread closed.
For now I will treat it as a download of non copyrighted material .
So if you post in the future & you are not ask the source of a file don’t post it.
I only ask for the file extension . That was to see if your DVD player might play it from a DVD.

As Steve33 posted : Does the file play without problems on your computer in a media player ? VLC for example.

Covert your movie into a DVD format, then use DVD Shrink to make it under 2 gig.