2yr.warranty valid in U.S.? Plextools vs?

vbimport

I ran across a retailer selling what I think may be the European version of the Plextor 24x10x40. The website says it has a 2 year warranty and it comes with Plextools (rather than Plextor manager). It cost slightly more (maybe 15 bucks) than the "American" version (with the 1 year warranty and Plextor Manager), since the American unit currently has a rebate of $20.

My question......would the 2 year warranty be valid in the U.S. ? And is Plextools that much better than Plextor Manager to justify the purchase?

I am new to burning and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

James

If it comes down to software, dont worry about plextools or plex manager, u can get those off a site.

Those 2 are just lite versions of commerical programs like nero or cdrwin etc, nothing new there.

Not sure about warranty.

I think the two year warranty only applies to Europe. I’m not completely sure though but check both sites of Plextor:

www.plextor.be (All information and offered services on this website are applicable in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.)
www.plextor.com

Read this: http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=74&Page=3

A small quote: <Plextools V1.12: (superb) >

Originally posted by max_clif
[B]If it comes down to software, dont worry about plextools or plex manager, u can get those off a site.

Those 2 are just lite versions of commerical programs like nero or cdrwin etc, nothing new there.

Not sure about warranty. [/B]

Can you be more specific? I love my Plextor drives, but would prefer PlexTools over Plex Manager. PlexUSA told me I should contact PlexEurope since the USA office doesn’t have PlexTools. PlexEurope told me to contact PlexUSA. You get the idea: the royal run-around. So where can I download PlexTools?

I can only speak for the people living in Sweden. If you buy something here the store is by law needed to give 2 year warranty. And if they only fore some reson can give 1 year than you must sign a paper that sayes you will accecpt the 1 year warranty.

Think all Europe have the same. And if you want a 5 year warranty on a Plextor, some bigger stores will give that for let’s say 30 Euro on a Plexwriter. 300 Swedish money :slight_smile: