2gb files problem

I am haveing a problem with my dvd rw. I use nero 7 premium and when i try to burn files over 2gb i always get an error and it tells me burning failed and it make sme a bad dvd :(. Can anyone tell me what can i do to make it right???

Come on doesn’t anyone know how to do this??? I’ve even atached a log file to see what goes wrong with my dvd.

I think you have to do UDF format on file sizes over 2GB.

I do them in udf format… thats when i get the “failed” message. If i do a file of 1.99gb in iso it makes it flawless.

Maybe if you turn on DMA for all of your devices. Found this in your log:

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y120L0 YAR4 nvidesm Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off
CdRomPeripheral : ATAPI DVD DUAL 4XMax 2.50 nvidesm Port 0 ID 1 DMA: Off
CdRomPeripheral : TEAC CD-W552D 1.00 nvidesm Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off
CdRomPeripheral : SX1425W WVL412P 1.0 dtscsi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: Off

Also burners like to be connected as Master.
Good luck, hope you find the problem.
Keep us posted.

ps. Welcome
ps2. Next time remove your serial from the log.

I would turn them on but i don’t know where to turn on DMA :sad: . Can u plz tell me??

I don’t use those NForce drivers with windows xp sp2

But what drivers do u use???

Update your Nero, then use the m$ IDE drivers as suggested before and use better media.

Recorder: ATAPI DVD DUAL 4XMax, Media type: DVD-R
Disc Manufacturer: AN31 -

Here’s a guide on how to turn on DMA.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

I do not have the option Dma if available because i have service pack 2. Look at this picture and see what i am talking about http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled0gs.jpg .U can see in here what options i have.

chef and I already told you to roll back to XP ms default drivers, see a few hundred of these and it’s a no brainer

U told me that u don’t use nforce drivers. Thats all u did, and chef “use the m$ IDE drivers” i didn’t quite understood him there. So if i got you correct after ages of discussion i shouldn’t use that driver and click on the rollback driver button. I did that and the first driver it found for me is a nforce driver but older. What i trully don’t understand is how can i not use nforce drivers if i have a nforce2 chipset??

cause they are written for earlier OS’s and buggy even then, keep going till you get back to MS ones.

Well i can announce u that i managed to burn one udf by rolling back, setting dma if available, setting my dvdrw on primary and my cdrw on secondary. I just finished burning. Thank you everybody and a word of advice: try to be more specific when u give advices bcoz not all ppl are advanced.