2D & 3D ticket prices to meet halfway, says theater chain boss

vbimport

#1

2D & 3D ticket prices to meet halfway, says theater chain boss.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/03/aHkFUX.jpg[/newsimage]Domestic theatergoers have largely turned their backs on 3D films, preferring those that don't require ponying up a few extra dollars and wearing uncomfortable glasses. How exactly do theater owners deal with tapering ticket sales and 3D malaise? The only way they can: a price drop.


Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/2d-3d-ticket-prices-to-meet-halfway-says-theater-chain-boss-60681/](http://www.myce.com/news/2d-3d-ticket-prices-to-meet-halfway-says-theater-chain-boss-60681/)


Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

#2

How much more can they raise ticket prices. The costs of two tickets already waivers on the cost of a new movie on bluray… …

If all they learned from turning out poor 3d conversions to charge premiums was that they need to raise 2d ticket prices, I don’t think they learned anything at all.


#3

And I bet when a lot of people stop going to the Cinema because they have made it too expensive (especially with drink and popcorn etc) and instead people will hire the movie and watch it at home they will scream the drop in attendance at the cinemas is due to Piracy,


#4

Perfect suit thinking: attempt to make up for lost revenue by charging more for tickets and concessions, causing fewer people to go to the movies, thereby reducing revenue. It’s also typical thinking by the 1%, who aren’t affected by rising prices that force the rest of us in the 99% to cut out unnecessary expenses (like evenings at the cinema) just to keep the roof over our heads and food on our tables. Raising already unreasonably high prices in this economy is foolish and stupid… unless you want to drive away your customers, of course, in which case it’s the perfect strategy.