25gb bd-r $6.50 br-re $7.99

vbimport

Amazon has just started carrying a new brand of blu-ray discs, called Mr. Data.

They have a 25BG BD-R for $6.50 and a 25GB BD-RE for $7.99.

Link to the 25BG BD-RE: http://www.amazon.com/Data-1-2x-25GB-Recordable-Blu-Ray/dp/B00194B5SW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1220635652&sr=1-1

Up to now I’ve only bought a few 25GB and 50GB BD-RE for temporary storage but it is getting close to where it may soon be affordable to be able to make back-ups of all of my Blu-ray movies.

CLGerow

Pretty good deal for singles.

Also a reminder, for those with access to an AAFES (Military), 5-pack of Panasonic BD-R 1-4x’s for $13.99 & no tax as usual. They had around 20 packs when I went there yesterday. May just invest in a Blu-Ray burner soon.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2122661]Pretty good deal for singles.

Also a reminder, for those with access to an AAFES (Military), 5-pack of Panasonic BD-R 1-4x’s for $13.99 & no tax as usual. They had around 20 packs when I went there yesterday. May just invest in a Blu-Ray burner soon.[/QUOTE]

5pack 4X $13.99 :eek:
how come so expensive other store ( Retail / online store ) is it over price ??? :a

[QUOTE=clgerow;2122378]Amazon has just started carrying a new brand of blu-ray discs, called Mr. Data.

Link to the 25BG BD-RE: http://www.amazon.com/Data-1-2x-25GB-Recordable-Blu-Ray/dp/B00194B5SW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1220635652&sr=1-1

Up to now I’ve only bought a few 25GB and 50GB BD-RE for temporary storage but it is getting close to where it may soon be affordable to be able to make back-ups of all of my Blu-ray movies.

CLGerow[/QUOTE]

But if you get one coaster then you have to trashed $6.50 or $7.99.

[QUOTE=TCAS;2122977]But if you get one coaster then you have to trashed $6.50 or $7.99.[/QUOTE]yeah TCAS that makes me want to start a thread asking how many BD-R coasters have you made?

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2122837]5pack 4X $13.99 :eek:
how come so expensive other store ( Retail / online store ) is it over price ??? :a[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t tell you.

They have the Verbatim 1-2x & Memorex 1-2x singles sitting right next to them for $9.99 & $12.99 respectively.

Gee, which one would YOU choose. :confused:

[QUOTE=Bob;2122986]yeah TCAS that makes me want to start a thread asking how many BD-R coasters have you made?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should do it. It’s time if prices are coming down. If you do, make sure you ask for brand name and IDs. The $20 blanks are what has stopped me from even considering buying a burner.

[QUOTE=clgerow;2122378]Amazon has just started carrying a new brand of blu-ray discs, called Mr. Data.

CLGerow[/QUOTE]

RE may be a good deal if it works. At least you can keep trying.
http://www.geeks.com/viewcart.asp
Shipping too high!

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2122661]Pretty good deal for singles.

Also a reminder, for those with access to an AAFES (Military), 5-pack of Panasonic BD-R 1-4x’s for $13.99 & no tax as usual. They had around 20 packs when I went there yesterday. May just invest in a Blu-Ray burner soon.[/QUOTE]

Check the next time I need a lunch BX run.

PS//see any RE?

Go for it! I made some (but the details will be in your thread of course ;)).

[QUOTE=zevia;2123522]Go for it! I made some (but the details will be in your thread of course ;)).[/QUOTE]Well you get all yours for free so you don’t count lol :stuck_out_tongue: no i’m just kidding. I have no idea where to start such a thread here. Be my guest zevia or ricoman.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2123231]Couldn’t tell you.

They have the Verbatim 1-2x & Memorex 1-2x singles sitting right next to them for $9.99 & $12.99 respectively.

Gee, which one would YOU choose. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info r_saotome :slight_smile:
MIJ only :iagree:

[quote=r_saotome;2123231]Couldn’t tell you.

[B]Gee, which one would YOU choose[/B]. :confused:[/quote]
Of course the 5 pack Panasonic 1-4x for $14 !!! :iagree: Those should be MIJ acoording to this: http://image.ak.outpost.com/art/product/big_shots/5445769.big.jpg

But even if not MIJ I would get some for testing… man $2+ for a BD-R, maybe price mistake? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2123637]Well you get all yours for free so you don’t count lol :stuck_out_tongue: no i’m just kidding. I have no idea where to start such a thread here. Be my guest zevia or ricoman.[/QUOTE]

Geez, you’re the one who said that you wanted to. Are you telling me with over 15,000 posts that you don’t know how to start a thread? I don’t even have a BD burner, but was interested to see how reliable the media is for future consideration. I was just offering support for your idea.

Bob you can start a thread in Blu-ray / HD DVD forum, and ricoman idea is good ie ask for brand and MID (I would add also “made in” and burner used) so we can see which brand/MID/burner is making coasters the most.

Ricoman, BD media is getting cheaper now, you can get BD-R for $6 or less (example is r_saotome post) . And if you check ebay, there’s plenty of ebayer from Japan that ships good media to the US for a fair price (total media + shipping). I’ve seen BD-RE DL 50GB for about $20. I heard from another forum that actually blu-ray media in Japan is a lot cheaper there. BD-R is about 300-400 Yen or $3-4.

[QUOTE=zevia;2124372]Bob you can start a thread in Blu-ray / HD DVD forum, and ricoman idea is good ie ask for brand and MID (I would add also “made in” and burner used) so we can see which brand/MID/burner is making coasters the most.

Ricoman, BD media is getting cheaper now, you can get BD-R for $6 or less (example is r_saotome post) . And if you check ebay, there’s plenty of ebayer from Japan that ships good media to the US for a fair price (total media + shipping). I’ve seen BD-RE DL 50GB for about $20. I heard from another forum that actually blu-ray media in Japan is a lot cheaper there. BD-R is about 300-400 Yen or $3-4.[/QUOTE]

Good news for everyone.

Thanks for the good news zevia :slight_smile:
I didn’t know about E-bay :doh:
Sigh… I pay over price last week :a
How come so expensive in U.S ? ( They cheating us ? )

I Just order 50pack SONY 4X BD-R ( 25GB ) and 10pack SONY BD-RE 2X ( 25GB ) from E bay :slight_smile:
Thanks again zevia :slight_smile:

I am sad to report that I think AAFES finally caught their mistake (if there really was one, could’ve been a promotional deal).

The SINGLES are now selling for $14, not the whole box of 5, but when I did a price check on the box of 5 a couple weeks ago, it came up $14.

Guess I should’ve bought their entire supply & worried about a blu-ray burner another time.

Sorry folks. :sad:

Not sure if anyone is interested but the prices are now even lower;
$5.79 for the 25GB BD-R and
$7.79 for the 25GB BD-RE

CLGerow