2500A WOn't read what it has written

I recently installed the 2500A in my machine and did some testing. It wont read the discs it just wrote, but they have been written fine as they work in my Pioneer reader - is this the Firmware problem? I have an RMA to send the drive back but if the 1.06 firmware will fix it, i’ll try that. With this fix it?
I’ve tried a couple of different makes of disc.

Cheers
Gromits

The drive is a very picky reader so that may be the problem.

Tried Quality disc types Like Mitsubishi/verbatim or Taiyo Yuden?

Yep - I tried all sorts of discs. They can all be read in other drives, just not this one. It seems not too bad with movies but data, it just doesn’t want to know! Defeats the object really when I want it for backup purposes. Anyway - its going back today. Prob replace it with something else.

I find it amazing the number of people saying the NEC wont read the discs it just wrote. I have had zero problems and I’ve written all kinds of media. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Originally posted by partybob99
I find it amazing the number of people saying the NEC wont read the discs it just wrote. I have had zero problems and I’ve written all kinds of media. Maybe I’m just lucky.

I guess I’m lucky, too. No problems with the ND-2500A so far (TDB firmware). I was even able to backup my badly scratched Full Metal Jacket DVD and the resulting backup is perfect.