2500a starts burning badly

I use Nero. Latest version. I’ve burned maybe 250 DVDs since beginning of the year. I’ve noticed that a couple weeks ago some of the dvd-rips I burn unto blank dvds (I only use used Ritek or Ricoh dvds) are not burning correctly. Nero will say burn successful but when I try to replay them, it’ll only display part of the file, and when trying to transfer back to the hard drive it’ll give me a CRC error. Is it possible that the dvd burner has worn out and I have to get another one, or is it something I can return to newegg in exchange for another one?

Hi unpluggedboy,

welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

It is well known that the quality of different batches of Ritek media may vary a lot… maybe you have got a bad batch. Before addressing your problems to the hardware, please check if you have problems also using different media.

Hope this helps, please report back! :wink:

Regards, ET

It may be the ritek. I’m currently using a 50 spindle dvd-r from ritek. When i use DVD identifier, it recognizes it as

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKG04]

Disc Type : [DVD-R]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEKG04]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Co.]
Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x , 4x] (8x Cannot Be Detected)
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com]

(great program btw). I havne’t had any problems before this, using Ricoh discs. If it is a bad batch, what should I do about it. Just throw out the rest? And how does a bad batch form. Do they go on a streak of creating bad discs or is one of their factories defunct or something?

Burn them at a slower speed maybe ?

slower than 4x? I dunno.
I’ve decided to try other batches and see how they fare. Opened up a brand new 100 spindle of ricoh. 1st one, perfect. I guess it could be a bad batch.

hi unpluggedboy, I had exactly the same problem like yours. Burned over 100 MCC without any problem, then after that day installed latest nero, got freeze at player and crc error too, Then, I tried install back v6.3.1.10, everything back to normal again.
Hope it will help.