2500a (Jan 2004 make, 1.06) and Mac

Having issues with bad burns. They seem to go through whether with Toast or Apple software but the disks aren’t really readable…even in the drive that burnt them. They show the files but move slow as hell and you can’t get anything off them nor play anything off them. I tried burning CDs and had similar results. Media types are Imation 2x DVD-R and TDK DVD+R 4x. CDR media of all types. I noted the “rings” issue posted…trying to see if that is true in this case.

Originally posted by ovrdrvn
Having issues with bad burns. They seem to go through whether with Toast or Apple software but the disks aren’t really readable…even in the drive that burnt them. They show the files but move slow as hell and you can’t get anything off them nor play anything off them. I tried burning CDs and had similar results. Media types are Imation 2x DVD-R and TDK DVD+R 4x. CDR media of all types. I noted the “rings” issue posted…trying to see if that is true in this case.

Haven’t had any problems like that here. I’m using my NEC ND-2500A on a dual-proc MDD G4. Lite-ON LTR-52327S CD-RW as master, the ND-2500A as slave. Firmware is the TDB RPC-1 and rip lock firmware available here (I used a Windows PC to flash the drive). Burning app is Toast Ti 6.0.3.

Here’s a list of the media I’ve used so far: Mitsubishi 4x DVD-R (MCC01RG20) burnt at 8x; Mitsubishi 8x DVD+R (MCC003) burnt at 8x; Imation and Arita 4x DVD+R (RICOHJPNR01) burnt at 6x; RiData 4x DVD+R (RITEKR02) burnt at 4x; and RiData 4x DVD-R (RITEKG04) burnt at 4x. All worked fine as far as readability is concerned (everything’s a-ok even when tested on a Windows PC using Nero DVD Speed). I did ran into a bit of a problem with a couple of Ritek DVD-Rs but I think it’s more of a problem with that particular batch since the rest of my G04 blanks (from another spindle) were fine.

I reckon your ND-2500A’s shot. I think you oughta have it replaced since I’m pretty sure it’s still under warranty.

~Henjie