24x PATA?

Did LG ever produce a 24x PATA dvd rewriter? And if they did, wouldn’t it have a model number something like Gx24xxxx somewhere on the packaging and machine itself?

The reason I’m asking is that I’ve found an item for sale that’s ringing alarm bells - it has no LG model number on it at all and I’ve no idea whether they actually produced a 24x PATA device… So, does what I’ve described sound a bit off to anyone else?

Oh yeah, first post - greetings!

[QUOTE=PRB;2732386]Did LG ever produce a 24x PATA dvd rewriter? And if they did, wouldn’t it have a model number something like Gx24xxxx somewhere on the packaging and machine itself?

The reason I’m asking is that I’ve found an item for sale that’s ringing alarm bells - it has no LG model number on it at all and I’ve no idea whether they actually produced a 24x PATA device… So, does what I’ve described sound a bit off to anyone else?

Oh yeah, first post - greetings![/QUOTE]

LG ELECTRONICS GH22NP20 22X IDE DVD+/-RW W/SW

Mfr Part Number: [B]GH22NP20[/B]
Drive Type: Internal DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive, w/ SecurDisc Technology
Data Transfer Rate:
Write:
DVD+R/-R: 22X
DVD+RW/-RW: 8X/6X
DVD+R DL/-R DL: 16X/12X
DVD-RAM: 12X
CD-R: 48X
CD-RW: 32X
Read:
DVD-ROM: 16X
CD-ROM: 48X
[B]Interface: IDE[/B]
Buffer Memory: 2MB
Random Access Time: DVD-ROM - 140ms; CD-ROM - 120ms
Color: Black
With Software
Package: Bulk

Its only 22X but its PATA, I cant remember any LG 24X PATA ( IDE) opticals but then again, the only IDE Opticals I use now are BenQs.

I think that LG only reached the 24x speed with their sata burners…
AFAIK,their fastest PATA drive was the LG GSA-H22L…but perhaps I’m wrong…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2732391]I think that LG only reached the 24x speed with their sata burners…
AFAIK,their fastest PATA drive was the LG GSA-H22L…but perhaps I’m wrong…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I think you are right, the new LG SATA opticals are great , they use MDisc, and I am not talking about Bluray drives, I am talking about regular DVD drives for 39.99.

Regarding full-size (aka half-height) LG DVDRW drives:

No drive with a model name starting with GSA-H… is faster than 20x. Most top out at 18x.

The fastest LG PATA DVDRW drive I know of is…well, probably the one Alan listed above, something with the newer model naming scheme of GH22NPxx or GH22LPxx.

To get a 24x drive, it would have to be SATA, so you’d end up with a model name of GH24NSxx or GH24LSxx.

…If the drive is pulled from a computer as an OEM drive, then the drive name would be shortened to GHxyz – something like GH30N – so 5 characters total. There’s no direct way to compare the short OEM model names to the normal LG model names & determine speeds, but you’ll still not see a 24x PATA drive.

[QUOTE=Albert;2732400]No drive with a model name starting with GSA-H… is faster than 20x. Most top out at 18x.[/QUOTE]

You’re right Albert,checked a few other sources against my original 1…:iagree:

Thanks for the input chaps - it’s in retail packaging that has no LG model number but does have ‘P/N: MAY62416842 Ver.A’ on the base of the box. Does that make any sense at all?

Can you show us some pictures,or a link to see the drive?

It’s impossible to say what is it unless we see internal photos or at least all sides of the drive (bottom cover, rear, front)

Perhaps it’s the oem version of the GH24NS50 :slight_smile:

Edit wrong link