24X Media and Roxio's Easy-CD Creator

I just got Roxio Easy CD,Latest Ver. and all updates. I am running WinXP with PleXwriter 24/10/40 Burner. Any time I try to burn a CD I get this message:

“This is an Ultra Speed CD-RW Media and Recorder.It is Not capable of recording data to it. Plese insert another CD”.

I have tried 4 different brands of CDs and get same thing. Has anyone else seen this. I can’t find any reference to this problem on Roxio site.

Are you using Ultra Speed CD-RW discs (24x capable)?

This media can only be recorded and erased in burners capable of 16x-24x CD-RW packet writing and carrying the Ultra-Speed CDRW logo.

It seems that this is what the error message is referencing. If you are using regular CDR’s or 10x rated CD-RW’s then you should not get this message.

See Ultra Speed CD-RW Discs for some specifications on this type of disc.

NO…These just 24X CD-R blank CDs. That the weird part…message talking about CD-RWs.

Describe the media, the material that you are copying, and what type of Easy CD Creator project you are using.

Originally posted by Inertia
Describe the media, the material that you are copying, and what type of Easy CD Creator project you are using.

I tried 3 different brands of 24x blanks… Memorex,Sony and Ricoh. I tried 2 different projects. One was Audio trying to make Music CD. The other project was Data one, just making a backup of some files. Really werid part, I stuck an old 4x CD-RW blank in and tried. I got same message but when it asked to tried another CD I placed one of the 24x ones in and it started the burn but at 4x speed…LOL.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the EZCD software and see if the media is then recognized correctly.

You might also try removing the Plextor burner in Device Manager and let the system redetect it on system reboot.